Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Some fans yell the dumbest things

Featured Replies

I love the screaming about the 3 second lane, a hard rule for some to grasp!

 

I heard someone yelling "3 seconds in the lane!!!" the other night on an in-bounds play!! I just thought to myself, "Wow...."

  • Replies 66
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great line from an official last week.

 

Parents are yelling all sorts of things.

Both coaches yell at him and then walks back to their bench.

He turned to us at the scorer's table and said, "Everyone thinks they are an official."

 

CRACKED me up.

Drives me nuts when I hear people yelling at a point guard to "pass the ball" or "terrible pass" over & over in a game. I have heard this yelled at many point guards...usually when the player they are there watching is on the receiving end!

 

Usually means that when they yell "pass the ball" they think their "player" is open...who is. But I know, the point guard, the coach and everyone else in the gym knows cannot finish. Everyone knows but the person yelling at the point guard to pass the ball!

 

Yep and the same people are the ones that yell "terrible pass." Someday I am going to break & yell "catch the ball"!

 

Gotta clarify..didn't quite get this said the way I meant it! I am talking about the parents who yell it every single game. It is always at the point guard. Some coaches do require the PG to make decisions about WHO they are passing to in a given situation. The PG doesn't make the pass, you hear "pass the ball"...they make the pass, player doesn't finish & you hear "terrible pass".

 

Are these the same people you hear calling PG's "ball hogs"! :rolleyes:

How about those who yell about an over and back on an inbound pass?

Gotta clarify..didn't quite get this said the way I meant it! I am talking about the parents who yell it every single game. It is always at the point guard. Some coaches do require the PG to make decisions about WHO they are passing to in a given situation. The PG doesn't make the pass, you hear "pass the ball"...they make the pass, player doesn't finish & you hear "terrible pass".

 

Are these the same people you hear calling PG's "ball hogs"! :rolleyes:

 

I agree, wholeheartedly. Some can't catch the ball while running full speed, so the PG needs to know not to give that pass to that person. A good pass gives the ball to the person in a spot they can have success. And that is not everytime they are open.

 

And I hear parents yelling shoot the ball to a player who is shooting 18% for the season from the floor and the coach, under their breath, is praying that person doesn't shoot the ball.

How about those who yell about an over and back on an inbound pass?

 

:lol: Always cracks me up!

 

One of my all time favorites is when I hear "call it even ref" & they yell out the total fouls called. Their team is applying full court pressure & in man to man. The other team is in a zone.

Here's one:

Player is at the free throw line. Takes 2-3 dribbles, picks the ball up, looks at the basket and takes 1 more dribble. Person in the stands ( I don't feel they should be called a fan) yells "Double Dribble!!!!"

No kidding.

Here's one:

Player is at the free throw line. Takes 2-3 dribbles, picks the ball up, looks at the basket and takes 1 more dribble. Person in the stands ( I don't feel they should be called a fan) yells "Double Dribble!!!!"

No kidding.

 

 

How long did it take you to make that up?

How long did it take you to make that up?

 

I don't think anybody could make something like this up!

:creepy:

Here's one:

Player is at the free throw line. Takes 2-3 dribbles, picks the ball up, looks at the basket and takes 1 more dribble. Person in the stands ( I don't feel they should be called a fan) yells "Double Dribble!!!!"

No kidding.

 

 

That is a great one.....WINNER in my book!:dancingpa

I guess I should have said there is not difference between a player control foul and any other offensive foul as it relates to shooting the bonus.

 

It is called team control fouls and the signal should be a closed fist coming from the chest outward much like some officials call a charge (one of the types of a player control foul).

What about fans yelling "5 seconds" when the defensive player is not even close enough to the offensive player to even warrant a count from the official... I mean literally the defense was in a 2-3 zone and the point guard was holding the ball out front waiting for a last second shot, at least 6-7 feet away from the defender and this guy yells "Come on ref, that's 5 seconds"

Something that I thought was funny was when I went to a Henry Clay football game. There was a Henry Clay fan who kept yelling at his own teams quarterack but he kept calling him #7 because he didn't know his name. I thought it was funny that this guy cared so much about the game going on but yet he didn't even know the name of the team's star QB.

Also in 1998 at Rupp Arena Scott County was down pretty good in the 4th quarter. This 40 some year old fan kept singing lalala goodbye signaling that he thought the Cardianls would not come back. I think Casey Alsop hit a couple of threes to tie up the game and some Scott County fans said "Can we come back now." It made the guy look pretty silly.

Here's one:

Player is at the free throw line. Takes 2-3 dribbles, picks the ball up, looks at the basket and takes 1 more dribble. Person in the stands ( I don't feel they should be called a fan) yells "Double Dribble!!!!"

No kidding.

 

 

That's about the best one I've seen here so far.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.