Everything posted by Highwayman
-
Terrible field conditions do they help or hurt the underdog ?
All things considered,IMO, the condition of the field is secondary to the way that the game is being officiated!
-
Top 5 coaches in the state
Mike Holcomb may not be as consistant year in and year out. When you have a smaller school and cannot get the transfers that some of the other schools appear to be able to get, you have to develope the local talent which is a sign of a really good coach!!!!!! 42 wins & 0 losses over a stretch of three years, three state Championships with three different quarterbacks, IMO, takes some pretty good coaching.
-
Breathitt VS Leslie- The Playoff Edition
Breathitt has the Offensive tools and I expect that Coach Chapman has refined the Defensive game. The first game was a defensive struggle with Breathitt coming out on top and I expect the playoff game to be the same. Breathitt County 21- Leslie County 14.
-
MIddlesboro 57 Breathitt County 42
Really greaat game. The young Bobcats kept pace with the experienced yellowjackets through most of the game, although I'd rather have seen a better defensive effort on their part. Middlesboro was the better team and deserved to win:thumb:
-
Breathitt County vs. Middlesboro Predictions
Breathitt Seniors are firing on all cylinders also, we just don't have many of them.:thumb:
-
Breathitt County vs. Middlesboro Predictions
I agree but I don't expect as much scoring as you. IMO, it will be more like 22 to 18 Bobcats. But we I would be satisfied with a 6 to 0 score.
-
Breathitt Co./Leslie Co. Updates
Should be a real game next Friday night!!!!!!! Breathitt improves to 7 & 1, 2 & 0 in the District.
-
Breathitt County 20 Leslie County 6
Breathitt wins the Defensive battle against the Eagles with only 1 yard 84 pass play at the end of the first half. Both defenses appeared to have played a pretty good game.
-
Breathitt County 27 Cawood 7
The score is not indicative of this game. Cawood played a great defensive game and was scoreless until late in the second quarter. Breathitt finally went up by two touchdowns with PAT's. Cawood's quarterback scored on a rushing play to bring the score to 14 - 7. Breathitt buckled down on defense and wore the Trojans down late in the fourth quarter.
-
Who has the horses in the backfield?
This kind of reminds me of the great comic (I can't remember his name) that said "You'd better watch a man that says he's boss at his house because he'll lie about other things also". Just kidding, please don't take me serious.
-
Class 2A Rankings (Fan Poll)
This is more like it, IMO, Western is the better of the teams listed at this time.
-
RB's in the Mountains
Hearld appeared to impress one of the WYMT announcers when he made the statement "someone should be trying to give this young man a scholarship".
-
Bush and the UN
:thumb: :thumb: Why should we spend money to upgrade or re-furbish the building when Chavez will build them a new one in Venezula.:flame: I don't believe they can get any more anti-American.
-
This week's Lit Ratings
One was against Breathitt County at Breathitt. They won in week two of the season 35 to 15. They have extremely good running backs, IMHO.
-
Best WR's in the Mountains?
Allen has proven himself by making some spectacular plays to help maintain a record for his Bobcat team of 5 wins against 1 loss. The Bobcats averaged 32.166 points per game over the first six games and held their opponets to 18.5 points per game average. The problem Breathitt has is that they have so many talented receivers that the passes are spread around to four receivers as well as to the running backs so that the per player average of receptions might not be as high as per a one horse team.
-
Breathitt vs. Cawood predictions???
You may be close but, IMO, Breathitt will allow some of the lesser experienced players to see some action so I'm looking for a smaller margin. Bobcats 36 - Cawood 21
-
Breathitt 35 Lawrence 0
I agree that I too thought they would win but a shutout against Lawrence County, in Lawrence County, with this young team didn't enter my mind.:thumb:
-
Breathitt County 42 Powell Valley VA 28
The Bobcats went to Big Stone Gap Virginia and brought back a big "W", mostly from the passing arm of Fugate and the interceptions and runbacks by Beckhem Herald. Good game Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ylsuper:
-
Breathitt County VS Powell Valley,VA
I'll go along with SEB's prediction, although when you play primarily freshmen and sophomores, even talented ones, you tend to have more turnovers.
-
South Laurel 21 Corbin 20
Congratulations South Laurel on what appears to be a hard fought game.:thumb:
-
Western 35 Breathitt 15
Western was definately the better team and their superior speed and experience was evident. The two run backs were the biggest factor along with their returning 15 Seniors compared to Breathitt's 5 of which only 4 played. I don't know about Powell Valley but IMO, Western will be the toughest team the Bobcats will face during the season. For a bunch of pre-dominantly freshmen and sophomores that made a whole lot of mistakes which the film will point out for them, I believe they have improved greatly over last year and will improve even more because of this tough game.:thumb:
-
Breathitt v/s Western
Breathitt has a VERY young team, primarily made up of freshmen and Sophomores, however, the juniors and seniors that they do have are all heart. I regret that Chris Jackson injured his ankle in the last game because he is a gutsy player. Breathitt usually has a better Defense than Offense early in the season, this year it is the opposite but I see the Defense improving each game. If Chris were healthy, I'd say Breathitt by 7 but with him injured, I'll say Breathitt by 3.:thumb:
-
WYMT-TV Top Ten (Week 2)
WYMT have begun to show a little bit of realism in their Top Ten. I am glad to see Breathitt and Leslie County break into the top ten. 1 Rockcastle County 2 Bell County 3 Johnson Central 4 Southwestern 5 Belfry 6 Corbin 7 Sheldon Clark 8 Middlesboro 9 LESLIE COUNTY 10 BREATHITT COUNTY I want to say that it is nice to see Knott County Central at 2-0. Way to go, :flame: keep up the good work.
-
Knott Central 52 Jenkins 14
Congratulations to the KCC Team for getting off to a good start. Anytime you win it's sweet but the games early in the season are the confidence builders needed to have a successful year. Keep up the good work!
-
Breathitt Co 43 Fleming Co 29
Breathitt has several good players and they showed the skeptics that they don't give up as easily as they did last year when faced with adversity. They have a FRESHMAN class that is probably second to none in our Region,so if you guys are going to beat them, you'd better do it this year before they get a little more experience. Jade Haddix, Justin's baby brother, had an excellent defensive game and is playing with the same if not greater enthusiasm as Justin did.:thumb: