Breathitt County 42 Powell Valley VA 28

Highwayman

Is Breathitt County at Class 2A contender? Could they make it out of the mountains?

No, and doubtful. While they are better than some expected (myself included), at this point, I don't see them as a contender, and I don't think they could beat Belfry in the playoffs. If they get that far.

But, there's still a lot of football to be played. If they keep improving, you never know. I'm just haven't seen enough to think they're that good at this point. They have a lot of talent, but they're very inexperienced, and that's hard to overcome when you get into playoff competition.

#28 is channing Fugate. The younger brother of Colby Fugate the starting QB. He is alot more mature than his age(that goes for many other of the bobcats) this team is young on paper, but keep in mind that many of these boys have a years experience under there belt. Being the younger brother of the starting QB isn't so bad either. He has an advantage on learning the system and makes it easier for Colby to judge where to put the ball. He is a freshman on paper but plays like a junior or senior.

In my opinion this region is wide open. I talked to a few boys from Belfry the other night and they said they are not the Belfry that we are use to. Middlesboro is loaded with talent from what i hear, and Breathitt has prved alot of their doubters wrong this year. We can't forget about Sheldon Clark either. I don't know much about them, but from what i hear they are pretty good as well. I'm interested in seeing the outcome of this region.

In my opinion this region is wide open. I talked to a few boys from Belfry the other night and they said they are not the Belfry that we are use to. Middlesboro is loaded with talent from what i hear, and Breathitt has prved alot of their doubters wrong this year. We can't forget about Sheldon Clark either. I don't know much about them, but from what i hear they are pretty good as well. I'm interested in seeing the outcome of this region.

I agree with you. Belfry was the favorite coming into this season, if Sheldon Clark plays hard, they have a a regional title within grasp.

I agree with you. Belfry was the favorite coming into this season, if Sheldon Clark plays hard, they have a a regional title within grasp.

Belfry is young, but very talented. I guess the big shocker to the Pirate faithful right now is the qb play we have seen. I for one am pleasently suprised and hopeful with what we found that we can do last week. Belfry may not be the Belfry of old (meaning Howard and Jones) but I have a very strong feeling this team will be better then last years, and I for one am extremely excited for the future!

I don't feel Sheldon Clark will really be tested until they play Belfry, I know Boyd and Lawrence are usually good teams, but not this year, so I wouldn't hold much stock in those wins, nor would I the win against Knott Co., we will see who wins this reason, but I still feel Belfry has to be the favorites, and if someone knocks them off they will have deserved it.

We were watching film on Breathitt Co, and who is #28? Heared he was a freshman, and I was very impressed with his performance.

I have also seen this Fugate kid play in a couple of games and he is going to be a good one. This could be a name to watch for the next few years. Good to see the Bobcats back to their old-selves.

Belfry is very young and still a work in progress. Sheldon Clark has not been tested..which IMO, will come back and haunt them somewhere down the playoff line. Middlesboro is the team everybody needs to be watching. Offensively, they are loaded...and they're deep. They probably have the best quick strike offense in E. KY. Defensively, especially against teams like Russell, SC, Belfry...I don't think they have shut down capabilities...but they have more than enough to win.

I think Belfry and Russell are the favorites because of reputation. IMO, Middlesboro may deserve the favorite tag based on potential.