Bush and the UN

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214403,00.html

NEW YORK — In an appeal to the people of the broader Middle East, President Bush said Tuesday that voice must be given to the hopes of decent people in the region who want a peaceful and prosperous future for their children, and denounced those who would exploit Islam as a propaganda tool.

"This propaganda is false and its purpose is to confuse you and justify acts of terror. We respect Islam, but we will protect our people from those who pervert Islam to sow death and destruction," Bush told diplomats attending the U.N. General Assembly.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the speech and GW kicked butt. Had Clinton given a similar address to the UN, the media would have exhausted their supply of superlatives.

Agreed!! Sometimes I think that Bush could deliver the Gettysburg Address and the media would lampoon him.

It sometimes amazes me how the "big bad press" has just suddenly appeared. Go back and check your first source history and see if the lampooning of Lincoln, Jackson, Grant, and so many others weren't incidents that were highly inflammatory if not down right slander.

Agreed!! Sometimes I think that Bush could deliver the Gettysburg Address and the media would lampoon him.

You are 100 % correct. No matter what he does or says he gets zero respect from the media and the left wing liberials and it has been like that from day one.

It sometimes amazes me how the "big bad press" has just suddenly appeared. Go back and check your first source history and see if the lampooning of Lincoln, Jackson, Grant, and so many others weren't incidents that were highly inflammatory if not down right slander.

The biggest difference now is the number of people that actually get to hear and read these media reports. Plus, you now have several channels dedicated to 24-hour "news".

But, you make a good point.