Everything posted by GrantNKY
-
Grant County 77 Williamstown 74
This was a very well played game. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a different game at Williamstown. Stanley played a great game, but Grant County is far more talented than I expected them to be. Luke Dewalt is going to be a load to handle for the next 4 years. Congrats to Coach Utter on a hard fought win.
-
Williamstown @ Grant County Predictions
It's been that long? Who was on the last Williamstown team to beat GC?
-
Grant County 67 Ryle 61 (OT)
Completely agree. The foul count has nothing to do with the referees. It has everything to do with one team being more disciplined than the other. I know everyone wants to talk about conspiracy theories that the refs are treating one team better than the other, no they're not. Do they miss one or two calls a game, yeah they're human, but if the foul count is 9-1 it simply means that Ryle was fouling WAY more than GC. I wasn't at the game, but I'm just tired of hearing that argument played out over and over again. The foul count doesn't have to be equal, because both teams rarely foul evenly.
-
Gas Station Chargers
If you are looking for a great after market charger, head to bed bath and beyond and pick up the Shaper Image 10 foot cord. I've been using it every day for 2 years and it is great. I think its like $20. Really thick cord too and very durable.
-
Grant County 67 Ryle 61 (OT)
Great win for Grant County. After the mass exodus of talent the past 2 years, good to see Coach Utter get his first win as full time head coach. Congrats.
-
Covington Catholic 90 Williamstown 34
Winzee is his first name I believe. How did he look offensively skill wise? He's definitely broad shouldered and athletic, but I'm curious to see what kind of basketball IQ he has developed or if its more an athlete trying to play basketball type of project.
-
Lafayette Generals OL JEDRICK WILLS commits to Bama!
Great to see kids from Kentucky make it to big time programs where they can win a National Championships. Awesome accomplishment and his family should be really proud. Will be cool to see him blocking for Damien Harris.
-
KHSAA Approves Transfer Jenna Martin To Play At Highlands
That makes sense, but I'm going to assume this rule hasn't been followed recently based on the talk on here.
-
KHSAA Approves Transfer Jenna Martin To Play At Highlands
I'm not familiar with the transfer rules at all? I'm assuming she could have went to Notre Dame while still living in Grant County since it was a private school. Am I wrong?
-
KHSAA Approves Transfer Jenna Martin To Play At Highlands
That's what I figured. But wouldn't they have to have proof first that they moved out of Grant's school district?
-
Cats Pause 8th Region Rankings Players/Teams?
Anybody seen the new transfer for Williamstown? Huge kid. Haven't seen him play yet though. Wondering if anybody was at their inter squad scrimmage night?
-
KHSAA Approves Transfer Jenna Martin To Play At Highlands
Since she went to Notre Dame I'm assuming the transfer rule didn't originally apply because she went enrolled in a private school. So would the sending school be Notre Dame or Grant County in this situation. Her dad lives (d) in Grant County this whole time so I'm assuming it would be the public school district that she would have previously been enrolled in that would be the sending school. Am I making too much of this?
-
iPhone 7 (announcement event)
I ordered my 7 Plus 128 gb 2 weeks ago and it isn't supposed to be here until the first week of November. My 6 has shot the dust and at this point I have to charge it to full at least twice a day. It sometimes dies at like 35% and won't come back on no matter how many times I try to hard reset it. Then I plug it in and it automatically restarts and turns back on to like 40%. It is so annoying. I heard the battery was great on the 7 plus and that's why I decided to get the 7 plus to begin with. Can someone who has the 7 plus already comment on the battery life?
-
KHSAA enters new partnership with UK Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
I couldn't agree more. It takes away from the atmosphere imo.
-
Apple Mac Question
If you do decide to get a new one, I would wait until the spring as I'm pretty sure the current macbook pro is due for an update. With that said I think you'll be fine just replacing the hard drive, I would honestly go the $200 route just because if they mess up its on them, if you mess up its on you and you're out left without a computer.
-
Which Former High School Player Is Now the Best in College?
Got to be Harris. I thought he should have been named the starter to begin the season. I do not like Scarborough at all. Harris is much more in line with the other backs Bama has had IMO.
-
Grant County at Lloyd Predictions
I haven't been out to a game yet to watch Grant this year. How do they look with Dalzell at the helm. I think he is the perfect guy to bring this program out of the depths and he'll be able to build the program from the ground up, which is something the coaches that have been there since Davis left have failed to do IMO.
-
Boone County 14 Grant County 2
I'm assuming you are talking about Damion Inguls. Kid us going to be a stud. Took one yard last year as an 8th grader. Grant doesn't have much outside of him though.
-
Walton Verona 52 Grant County 51 (Overtime) 32nd District Semi
You live and die with your best player. Why the ball isn't in his hands with the game on the line is beyond me.
-
Lincoln County 67 Boyle County 64 (2OT)
Sounds like one of the better games of the year thus far. I know the passion these games were played with last year. Obviously both of these teams lost a bit from last year, especially Lincoln. But how good are these teams this year?
-
Owen County 73 Henry Clay 70
Owen County is scary good. Carson Williams is an absolute monster.
-
Mercer County 82 Grant County 59
I'm very happy with the way Grant has played so far this season, not from a record standpoint, but the fact they have 2 returning players who played significant minutes. I thought games before the New Year, they would really struggle. But they are competing and thats the thing I wanted to see most from them. They don't have much depth, but the ones that are playing are certainly capable of playing a lot of minutes. This district is really good this year.
-
Phelps 63 Piarist School 5
Why even schedule this game? That is one thing I will never understand about some high school coaches. You could go 0-30 and still win the State Championship (theoretically). Why schedule a team that you know you are going to absolutely embarrass? I don't care if the coach of Piarist called Phelps to schedule the game, the coach at Phelps should have said no. This is ridiculous and doesn't do either team any good. IMO schools should do their best to schedule teams that are better than them or at the very least somewhat on the same talent level you are. Phelps would have gotten the same outcome from scheduling a middle school team. This is just unacceptable.
-
CovCath at Cooper Thoughts and Predictions
I mean I don't have an insight to either team, So I'm taking more a blind guess to this game. This will more than likely be a really sloppy game if I had to guess because both teams do have football players coming in and both will play hard nosed defense. The game will be low-scoring and close if I had to guess. I did not know that CVH was dealing with a hand injury, even if he is back and pain free, he will undoubtably not be playing at the level he will be in February.
-
CovCath at Cooper Thoughts and Predictions
I have Cov-Cath winning state this year, but I think Cooper steals one here early in the season. Neither team will be as good now as they will in February, but I just get a feeling Cooper will win a close one early in the season.