Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phelps 63 Piarist School 5

Featured Replies

Final.

 

I hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final.

 

I hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

 

why are games like this scheduled?

  • Author
What do you hate?

 

I hate teams losing 63-5 and I hate teams winning 63-5. Hate it.

I hate these kinds of games so bad that I had to write a few lines about it...

 

I Absolutely Hate High School Games Like This | AllKyHoops.com

 

I left a comment on your post. I hate these games too. There will always be good teams and bad teams, and will always be blowouts, but why schools like this continue year in and year out to participate in KHSAA, when there are other options available, I don't know. Is there some sort of hidden benefit I'm not aware of by staying in the KHSAA?

What gives people the desire to win a game with the score of 63-5? At some point you have to call the dogs off and be as nice as you can.

I'm not crazy about it either, but who else can Piarist play? It's not like Phelps is a perennial powerhouse.

:down::down::down:

  • Author
I'm not crazy about it either, but who else can Piarist play? It's not like Phelps is a perennial powerhouse.

 

That's kind of my point in what I wrote...what can be done about it? I mean, if you can't score more than 5 points, you shouldn't be allowed to participate in the KHSAA that season or something. I don't know the solution but it's terrible all the way around.

What gives people the desire to win a game with the score of 63-5? At some point you have to call the dogs off and be as nice as you can.

 

I don't think it's a case of "desiring" to beat these guys that bad at all...it's a point that the losing team is unfortunately just that weak, and outside of just telling your kids to quit playing (which in my opinion is MORE embarrassing for the losing team) then there isn't a lot that CAN be done if these games are going to be played.

I left a comment on your post. I hate these games too. There will always be good teams and bad teams, and will always be blowouts, but why schools like this continue year in and year out to participate in KHSAA, when there are other options available, I don't know. Is there some sort of hidden benefit I'm not aware of by staying in the KHSAA?

 

Piarist will play all 59th District teams on their schedule as well and the games will be very similar. Piarist is a member of the 15th Region through the KHSAA. If you didnt know the 15th Region tournament profits get split 16 ways (among all teams) regardless if you compete in the tournament or not. The EXPO Center guarantees a minimum of 50,000 to host and it is usually well over that amount before the split comes. Then you get district tournament money. Just as an example, the 57th District grossed over 50K before dividing the money up between the member schools with host school getting concessions as always.

 

I would assume it only cost Piarist a few hundred dollars to drive to the district tournament and compete while they net nearly 10k each year from basketball by being in the KHSAA (they forfeited all regular season district games last year and took the 4 seed in the tournament). Since their inception in 1998 Piarist has never defeated any 15th Region opponent and some years they dont compete in the KHSAA (example 5 years ago).

 

You asked if there was some underlying reason. Does this suffice?

I don't think it's a case of "desiring" to beat these guys that bad at all...it's a point that the losing team is unfortunately just that weak, and outside of just telling your kids to quit playing (which in my opinion is MORE embarrassing for the losing team) then there isn't a lot that CAN be done if these games are going to be played.

 

We agree. Doesn't mean you have to run and gun and play a full-court press, or play your starters most of the game.

It's just an all around bad situation, you feel bad for the kids from Piarist because they were put in that situation. But someone does have to play them and honestly I had never even heard to tell of these two schools until I saw this today. I didn't even know it was possible to even score 5 points in a single high school game. I'd be nice if someone on here attended the game and could tell us how the score ended up being this ridiculous.

  • Author

Was just told on Twitter that Phelps played the junior high team the entire second half and they out-scored Piarist 24-4.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.