Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GrantNKY

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GrantNKY

  1. Good thing regular season HS basketball doesn't mean anything outside of pride. I think WV will be hitting on all cylinders come district tournament.
  2. I think WV should be the favorite. They were already a top 2-3 team going into the season before they got Stanley who I feel is the best PG in the region.
  3. LCA at +8 won by 3 shots over St. X and 6 shots over Trinity and Taylor County.
  4. Looks like LCA won state as a team after a 67 from Jansen Preston today who won individual championship.
  5. 50's is perfect football weather IMO.
  6. I've always been curious about this as well. Do the coaches typically take input from players on new uniforms? When I played baseball in HS we had some input on the uniforms. How do coaches choose helmet manufacturers as well? Do they take __# of helmets from Riddell, __# of helmets from Schutt? What if you want a unique helmet that has superior protection like a Xenith? Can coaches get that for you?
  7. There are very few things I dislike more when it comes to sports than watching a big time HS football game played in a 75% empty stadium. I get the excitement for the players, but the atmosphere is always better when you play at a regular HS field and fill it to max capacity. Just my opinion.
  8. Why does it matter though? I don't care if an official has to walk an extra 10 yards to pick up a ball. Odds are that ball is being swapped out anyways after a pick.
  9. Exactly. Only penalize things that have an affect on the game or shows bad sportsmanship. Neither of which fit this scenario.
  10. Anything that would be considered taunting or disrespectful towards another team. Celebrating after a pick by throwing the ball up in the air is neither of those, nor does it have an effect on the game. Next are we going to let players shoot technical foul shots after big time basketball games when a player throws the ball up towards the rafters? What is the difference?
  11. KHSAA, NFHS, NCAA, NFL. All of them. Football is an emotional game. Why penalize players for showing emotion?
  12. I'm tired of the no-fun police interfering with sports. As long as it isn't disrespectful towards the other team or have an actual effect on the game itself, you should be able do whatever the hell you want.
  13. I think it would make a huge difference in their abilities to compete. It's impossible to compete with the caliber of athletes GC is fielding right now. You are right that GC is going through a dry spell right now across all sports with lack of athletes. But it'll come back and when it does hopefully Dalzell is able to get the fresh crop to play football. I want nothing more than for GC to develop a football culture. I think it helps all sports. I'm a huge believer in not specializing in one single sport and at GC specialization has become the norm and I think the entire sports culture at GC has suffered because of it. When kids choose to specialize it is very rare that they choose football.
  14. It's the fault of past administrations for their inability to get the big strong, country boys to want to play football. They just don't care. People who don't care, don't need to give excuses.
  15. It is simply undeniable that the best athletes in GC don't play football. GC will NEVER win without these athletes. It's not about the kids on the current team. I know it's tough to hear since they are only 2 games in to the season. I know you won't understand, but the only thing that matters is getting W's. Most of GC is so ignorant about how the Kentucky Football system even works that they won't notice. The best class for football GC had was the 2013 class with Davis (who transferred to Ryle), Caudill, Dills, Robinson, Haar, etc. there were some legitimate athletes on those teams. You know what they had in common? Most of them played other sports. Very few of the current football team play other sports. Football just isn't a big deal in GC and nothing will ever change that until you get athletes out there. GC can't even recruit inside the school district. They need to get people to WANT to be a part of something bigger than themselves. Nobody wants to get their butts kicked. It's a waste of time. Yeah it sucks for the kids who are there now, but they WANT to be there. They love football. They just aren't on the same level athletically as the other kids in the school and it has always been this way. Look at the classes of basketball and baseball players that have gone through the past 7-8 years and all of the genuinely great athletes on those teams. Those are athletes. Outside of maybe 1-2 guys per class, none of them are athletes.
  16. When I graduated from GC there was a kid I graduated with that was about 6-6 and a muscular 300 pounds and worked his way through HS and never set foot on a football field. That just doesn't happen at other schools.
  17. Don't even get me started on this matter. I've argued that the class system should be based on participation rates in conjunction with school size. You don't even have to look very far to find a great example. Owen County is a 2A school for football and a 1A school for basketball. They have essentially the same number of athletes in their school as Grant County and GC is 5A. It makes zero sense.
  18. Exactly. There are very well founded football traditions at all of these schools. This is something that requires generations to build and reaches past the program and becomes a part of the community.
  19. Thats what I'm trying to get at. There are athletes in the county, they just don't play football. But its not like they quit playing football to pursue other sports, they just never played football to begin with. Kids don't ever develop a love for the game.
  20. I think they will be. But over .500 doesnt mean they are ready to compete with Highlands, Dixie, and Cov Cath.
  21. I think you are underestimating the hill the coaching staff at GC is facing. There are athletes in the GC district, just none that play football. They have some big dudes who would do damage in the trenches, they don't play football. Thats what I feel is the goal of this coaching staff, or at least this is what my goal would be. You need to win to get these kids to start playing. After 2-3 years this should happen based on the schedules they will play. But they won't be able to compete in their district until the athletes start playing if they ever do start playing.
  22. When you have a school like Grant County with a large enrollment, but a small participation rate for sports, especially football, then it's the only logistical option that allows you to build your program.
  23. At this point I agree with you. I think when they can reasonably compete they can rejoin the district, but right now it's completely counter productive to the goal which is to build momentum around the program.
  24. I think that's what they are trying to do. Why would you suggest they stay out of district for no more than 2 years? I think they should stay out until they can have a reasonable expectation to at least compete. Maybe not win, but compete. I think this takes more than 2 years.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.