Everything posted by GrantNKY
-
Best Freshmen in the 8th Region
The million dollar question. Will he stay at WTown if he is really good?
-
Cooper style of play bad for basketball
Fair enough.
-
Is there basketball redistricting occurring today?
From a pure geographic perspective this makes sense. For selfish reasons I want Grant County to stay in the 8th. Haha
-
Is there basketball redistricting occurring today?
I’d like to hear from some of the SK faithful on this topic.
-
Is there basketball redistricting occurring today?
Technically the southern most school in Boone County is Walton Verona. But everyone seems to be on board with the fact that SK should be in the 9th. The drive to Henry County is way too far for region and then if they want to play the best competition in the region they would have to travel all the way to Oldham and Shelby County which is well over 2 hours from independence or one of those schools would have to go all the way to Independence. That’s absurd. Adding yet another NKY school to the region would only double the problem. They just need to figure out a way to get SK in the 9th region.
-
Is there basketball redistricting occurring today?
I understand it’s not as easy as simply putting them in the 9th and it would probably require quite a bit of adjustments within the 9th, but they need to figure it out.
-
Open Job: Grant County
I still contest that Grant should have won the region in 2003, but Tyler Jones picked a bad time to play one of the worst games of his career. He couldn’t make anything. That was the best GC team that I am able to remember but I am quite a bit younger than you I’m guessing.
-
Open Job: Grant County
Amen. The baseball field is dog crap, the upper level of the gym is completely useless for watching games, no second gym, football locker room is small and cramped, field House is small. When it rains that whole area around the football practice field, baseball field, locker room is like a swamp. The athletic facilities are a joke. The basketball locker rooms are pretty nice. Boys is nicer than the girls because of the hardwood floor. But it’s not utilized correctly or at least it wasn’t the last time I was there. The showers were being used as a storage area. They wasted so much money on the athletic complexes. The last time I was on the track there were giant potholes in it. Surely they have those fixed by now but it went unfixed for a while. It’s a shame really. The football field has a ton of potential to be a really nice complex. The new press box is nice but it drives me nuts that it’s not centered on the 50. A turf field would have been a much better investment than the new press box and I feel that should have been done first. Don’t even get me started on the fact that the baseball field doesn’t have lights.
-
Is there basketball redistricting occurring today?
Absolutely none. They are at such a disadvantage trying to schedule region opponents during the season.
-
Is there basketball redistricting occurring today?
They should be with the NKY schools anyways so they should figure something out to achieve that. SK in the 8th is silly.
-
Is there basketball redistricting occurring today?
The 31st is currently 5 teams right? Owen, Gallatin, Carroll, Eminence, and Henry. Move SK to the 9th. Take Owen out of 31st and into the 32nd. Problem solved. This makes too much sense to actually happen.
-
Is there basketball redistricting occurring today?
I would be in favor of a GC, WTown, Owen, WV district.
-
Open Job: Grant County
I’m not sure you can to be honest.
-
Open Job: Grant County
Id say every program is down. Basketball, baseball, football. Girls basketball is probably the only sport that is growing.
-
Open Job: Grant County
From a strictly talent perspective I just haven’t seen it for a while. 1-2 kids every year who could compete and seem to have the work ethic to be able to play at a big school. That number may even be generous. The class of 2013 was the last class I feel that had a great group of athletes on the field. They could have potentially done something had the Davis’s not moved to Ryle. But I don’t fault Davis for leaving as it appeared to me he was run out of town, unjustifiably in my opinion. But with Davis playing QB you had Dills and Caudill on the outside you had Haar and Robinson in the backfield. By Grant County standards that’s about as good as it gets. There are a multitude of reasons why the football program isn’t successful as has already been discussed. But lack of talent is a good part of the problem. Talent has to be developed and has to be taught the game correctly at a young age. I’m not sure that’s happening and I’m sure plantman would have more insight on that than I would.
-
Open Job: Grant County
I disagree whole heartedly. Again I’m all for playing tough schedules, but not when you literally have no chance to even compete physically. Cov Cath could have sent their freshmen team and probably beat GC.
-
Open Job: Grant County
I wouldn’t say that ROTC is the most supported thing on campus. I agree with your idea that GC is a basketball community instead of a basketball school. The fact that there is no 2nd gym on campus is a travesty.
-
Cooper style of play bad for basketball
Good lord this article is ludicrous. Playing defense is now somehow bad for the game? :lol2: Are people saying UVA is bad for the game of basketball as well, because Cooper essentially follows the same mold.
-
Open Job: Grant County
Why? So getting your butts handed to you 75-0 in the first half to the state champs is better for morale than playing teams who are more on your level? I’m all for playing a tough schedule in 99% of cases, but for GC there is no good that could come from playing Cov Cath, Highlands, and Dixie. It’s a waste of time for GC and the other 3 teams in the district.
-
Open Job: Grant County
Also a basketball school.
-
Open Job: Grant County
It has to be some kind of school. Considering football didn’t come around until 1992 by default GC has always been a basketball school.
-
Open Job: Grant County
When I was growing up GC had a solid team just about every year. Just never were able to break through. Don’t forget the 1930’s State Title From Corinth HS before the schools consolidated. Haha
-
Open Job: Grant County
Based on community support. Grant County has always been one of those “good old boys” schools. The good old boys have always played basketball.
-
Open Job: Grant County
It’s sort of like you mentioned. It’s growing. More and more people are moving into the county. The high school is growing. In theory this should enhance the sports programs based on numbers alone, but it doesn’t. You just don’t see very many schools the size of Grant County have such a hard time putting out a viable football program. Grant County simply should not ever lose to Owen County in football. That’s just sad.
-
Open Job: Grant County
It makes no sense. With the economy of GC and the location there is no way the sports programs should not be more successful than they are.