Everything posted by GrantNKY
-
Bengals Next Coach 2.0 (Maybe 3.0)
Wikipedia is a crowd sourced database. You and I can go on there and put whatever false information we want. There are people who correct false information but it takes time for stuff to get corrected. Wikipedia is not in any way a reliable news source.
-
4 point play
Yes. Especially at the HS level the percent chance that the 3 is going to be made is not that great. Whereas if you foul, even if it doesn’t go in there is usually a pretty good chance that you’re giving up at least 1 point. You have to play the odds. It’s the same reason why it’s not a big deal to foul someone going up for a layup. They’re more likely to make that layup than they are to make 2 free throws. Obviously you want players out there trying to make plays and you don’t want to completely handcuff them so 4 point plays can happen, but as a general rule fouling a jump shooter is not a good thing.
-
Bengals Next Coach 2.0 (Maybe 3.0)
Yep. Was talking about this at work this morning.
-
Bengals Next Coach 2.0 (Maybe 3.0)
I really feel like this is it for Marvin. This just feels different to me. I don’t see them moving out of the Marvin coaching tree though. I think the first calls they make are definitely Zimmer, Gruden, Joseph, and obviously Hue who is already here. Id love for them to blow the whole thing up, but they won’t.
-
“I’ve Never Won a Contest” Contest
Paducah-Tilghman Belfry Conner
-
Wandale Robinson commits to Kentucky
Damn Speilman is only a sophomore you’re right. My bad. I thought he was in his 3rd year. Either way it still doesn’t make sense why Frost would go cold on Robinson right at the end.
-
Wandale Robinson commits to Kentucky
Logically it doesn’t make any sense. Nebraska is losing 2 guys who were contributors to this years team who play the spot that Robinson is projected to play in college. Why would one of the best recruiters in the country sabotage Robinson’s recruitment to Nebraska? That doesn’t make any sense. The only way that makes sense is if Nebraska had a last second change of heart on Robinson themselves.
-
Wandale Robinson commits to Kentucky
I don’t believe that anymore than I believe the rumor from Nebraska fans that UK funneled money into Wandale’s dad’s gym. Frost is a fantastic recruiter and Wandale has been one of their top targets this whole recruiting process. They just had a player transfer out in Tyron Lindsey who plays Robinson’s position and Speilman is gone after this year. The opportunity was definitely there for Robinson in Lincoln. He chose to stay close to home because he wants to be a part of what UK is building. Nothing else.
-
Wandale Robinson commits to Kentucky
It’s all tacky. What I’ve seen today is reckless and irresponsible.
-
Wandale Robinson commits to Kentucky
People that tweet at recruits are a special kind of stupid.
-
Wandale Robinson commits to Kentucky
That’s one of the better takes I’ve seen from Nebraska fans. Most of them are having some pretty radical ideas about why he chose UK.
-
Wandale Robinson commits to Kentucky
Holy cow Nebraska fans are ticked. Like accusing Kentucky of super shady stuff ticked.
-
Wandale Robinson commits to Kentucky
See Lynn Bowden and Rondale Moore if you want my opinion.
-
Wandale Robinson commits to Kentucky
I’m a sucker for the traditional 3 hats on the table, player giving a speech thanking God, parents, coaches, etc., and then putting a hat on. To each his own but that was a long drawn out show.
-
Wandale Robinson commits to Kentucky
Congrats to Wandale!
-
New Apple products announced today
That’s basically what I was getting at. Microsoft definitely has the laptop replacement thing figured out. I had the original iPad when it came out and I used it solidly for about a year but at the end I found myself using simply because I had it and if I had an iPad and didn’t use it I would be stupid. If you have an iPad you still need a laptop for some things anyways and I just found myself just using my laptop for everything. Like you said having bigger iPhones now definitely helps bridge the gap the iPad was originally intended to fill. It sounds kind of silly to say this, but iPads are almost a product that is best suited for kids. With all the games and apps kids can play now an iPad is definitely something that I see all kinds of kids using on car rides, airplanes, etc. The iOS user interface is user friendly enough really little kids can use it.
-
New Apple products announced today
If you are getting a tablet to replace a laptop then the surface is probably a better option than the ipad. I’m an apple guy through and through but the surface is a great product.
-
New Apple products announced today
It’s definitely an investment. I’ve had my pro for 5 years and it runs the same as the day I bought it and have never touched a thing other than upgrading the OS whenever a new one is released. My sister and brother in law have had theirs for going on 8 years and they still run good as new as well. This is pretty rare to see from PC owners. The price is tough though. I bought mine with money I received as gifts over the years like birthdays, Christmas, etc.
-
Wandale Robinson narrows list to Top 6
There was zero relationship between Robinson and the Buckeyes before Hartline right? It’s kind of crazy we even have a chance at this one.
-
Wandale Robinson narrows list to Top 6
Is Nebraska what you’re feeling too?
-
Wandale Robinson narrows list to Top 6
FWIW, 247 Crystal Balls have it at 44% Ohio State, 38% Nebraska, 5% Kentucky
-
Wandale Robinson narrows list to Top 6
Something tells me Nebraska, but obviously I’d love to see Brian Hartline pull this one out. Would be a huge get for the Buckeyes.
-
YouTube TV...Yea or Nay?
Cable companies are really going to have to figure out ways to cut cost. There’s no denying that it is more convenient to go with a cable company but when you have other options that are half of or sometimes 1/3 of what you’re paying for cable, it’s no wonder people are switching. I just don’t see how the pricing model for cable companies will be sustainable over the next 10 years or so.
-
YouTube TV...Yea or Nay?
I haven’t heard to much talk about YouTube Tv, but I definitely would steer away from Hulu TV. I watch a lot of shows on just the regular streaming service fof Hulu and it goes down quite a bit. I wouldn’t want to take that risk if I was trying to replace satellite/ cable. My sister and brother in law have Play Station Vue though and rave about it. So I’m curious as well to hear if anyone has used YouTube.
-
iPhone XS/XS Max/ XR
Not going to lie, I was super skeptical about facial recognition instead of fingerprint ID, but I love it. Definitely my favorite feature.