Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GrantNKY

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GrantNKY

  1. I honestly don’t even know what to say anymore. People won’t wear masks because it infringes on their “liberties”. People won’t get the vaccine when it’s out because nobody can tell them what to do and vaccines aren’t effective enough anyways (despite science telling us otherwise). People want to develop herd immunity when there is no country on this planet that has developed herd immunity for Covid-19. What do you people want? Do you just want to let people get the virus and see what happens? We all claim to want to get back to normal but still so many people are against doing what it takes to get back to normal. I don’t understand how some people think at all.
  2. Now that it keeps getting talked about, the way our society handles smoking is the same way we could look at Covid. You can smoke in your home, you can smoke in your car, you can smoke outside. What you can’t do is smoke inside of a restaurant because it protects the people inside. I don’t hear anyone shouting about their liberties being violated by not being allowed to smoke inside. Its basic common sense that yeah smoking inside around other people is a very inconsiderate thing to do. Not wearing a mask is also a inconsiderate thing to do under the circumstances with Covid. There is no difference. Why are we looking at requiring masks as such an abhorrent abuse of our civil liberties, when smoking laws have been around for basically my whole life time?
  3. I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of similar to having to wear a mask if you ask me. ??‍♂️
  4. Absolutely. It’s outrageous what the cost is for quality senior living.
  5. What’s the benefit of an inhaled steroid vs an injection I wonder? If a treatment works then I’m all for it.
  6. I mean that’s the risk the businesses will choose if they don’t enforce it. If they don’t to enforce it, then they should know the risks involved. Lawsuits, fines, not to mention the whole purpose of the mandate in the first place which is to slow the spread of the virus. I mean it’s definitely an ethical decision people will have to weigh.
  7. Do you want football or not? If you think it’s inevitable that we won’t have it anyways then so be it. But even if there is a 1% chance we have it because we all start wearing masks isn’t it worth it? Help me understand where you’re coming from here. You’re responsible for a this great website that we all love but at the end of the day is still largely dependent on the presence of high school sports and football in particular. I would think you would be all on board with anything that could potentially allow us to have a football season. What happens to BGP if we go a year without football?
  8. Businesses can refuse service to anyone who walks in without a mask. How do you think it’s going to be hard to enforce? If a business chooses to allow customers to enter without a mask, it’s on them. But they’re asking for a lawsuit to be filed against their business if someone wearing a mask is in there and someone is allowed in without a mask. Here in WV it’s been mandatory to wear a mask all this week and my life has not been altered in anyway. Everyone that has come in our office has had a mask on. At the country club up here everyone has worn their masks all week inside and nobody has put up a fuss about it. Obviously no one wants to be wearing the mask, but still at the end of the day it’s a very minor inconvenience. Why anyone would get up in arms about it is beyond me.
  9. Apparently I’m out of likes for the day so consider this my endorsement of both of your comments. Haha
  10. Again I pose the question of what did you expect?
  11. This has been proven time and time again to be not true. Research your sources.
  12. Considering those people are definitely in the high risk category for the virus, yeah they should probably not be going out.
  13. This is simply not true.
  14. Why are you upset with fc? All he’s saying is that the lenses you’re looking at what college teams and pro teams are doing, doesn’t make any logical sense. They’re doing way better than the rest of the country is. I’m not sure what you’re upset about. He didn’t say anything except try to tell you to look at it a different way.
  15. Complete waste of time. I honestly believe the numbers would be close to exactly the same as they are now had we never had the gradual shutdowns to begin with. The only people I know that were truly quarantined and didn’t have interactions with people were my grandparents who live in an assisted living facility and were literally forced to shut down. Everyone else basically went about their daily lives except for the fact that they couldn’t go out to eat. It was utterly useless. The only positive thing is the increased sanitary measures that we should have been doing all along anyways.
  16. Masks do not affect your oxygen levels. This has been proven over and over again during the pandemic. Do they provide a small bit of discomfort? Of course, but there are absolutely zero medical reasons to not wear a mask. I have friends who are at Disney today who are outside in middle of summer Florida weather wearing masks. Universal has been open for a couple weeks and people have been wearing masks. Trust me if they can be outside in the middle of summer in the hottest, most humid part of the country, then we all can wear a mask. I’ll say it again, not many of us have had to deal with Covid on a personal level. So I’ll put it in terms that make it personal to most of us. If wearing a mask ensured we would have football this fall, isn’t that worth it? I’m not sure some people have come to this fact yet, that if we don’t change, we won’t have football this fall. For the large percentage of people on BGP, this is the best time of the year. This is what we look forward to all year and that is going to taken away if we don’t change. Wear a damn mask, so we can play football.
  17. What did you expect though? I see this a lot about how many people tested positive. How are we as fans supposed to be surprised to see in a group of 100+ people like is the case on college football teams that 20 some odd kids test positive like at Clemson which I believe has the highest number of any P5 school. Those rates are still way, way lower than the amount of the general population would be at if we tested everyone. The colleges and pros at least at the team level are handling this close to perfect. Now the whole NCAA and the professional league offices, not so much. But on the whole I’ve been very pleased with how things have turned out once teams have started practicing again.
  18. There are virtually no essential jobs in a true shutdown. I’m a huge golfer so at the time I was ecstatic that golf was still allowed to stay open. Looking back I would have definitely put the clubs down for 15 days and never thought twice about it. The problem when we started is there was no definite numbers for the shutdown. We need numbers to grasp things and that’s why the initial “shutdown” was so hard to grasp and so many workers became “essential” real quick.
  19. So West Virginia just announced a mandatory mask mandate in all public places. I have zero issues with it. It makes me wonder though if our best strategy looking back would have simply been to do a mandatory 15 day quarantine. Give everyone a heads up way in advance so they can stock up necessities receive stimulus funds, etc. Schools can provide packed lunches for students for 15 days. We close for 2 weeks on the 15th day businesses could have gone in, sanitized to an agreed upon level. Then we simply wear masks for the foreseeable future until there is a vaccine and/or reliable ways to treat the virus. My opinion on masks has changed a lot over this time as I’ve become more and more educated on the use of them. The masks work. I mean I get this would have freaked a lot of people out back in March, myself included, but is my hindsight 20/20 on this? I feel like if we would have done this in April or May we would be light years ahead of where we are now. How much pushback would it receive if we knew then what we know now? It’s just insanely frustrating to me and I can’t help but look back at how we handled this and not think of what if scenarios. Every major university has basically said in more sophisticated terms, that we won’t get football this fall if we don’t start wearing masks. I know there are way more important things than football this fall, but it’s still hard to grasp the devastating effects of this virus on lives when you haven’t been personally impacted by it. So I’m choosing to look at it through the lense of wanting to have football this fall. If you want football this fall, wear a freaking mask. If you don’t want football this fall, then I’m not sure why you’re on BGP (but to each their own). You may think this whole thing is blown out of proportion by the media or whoever. You may think that the numbers are completely false and we don’t have cause to be concerned or change our way of life. Isn’t wearing a mask worth it anyways so we can have football?
  20. Why is mine so low? Haha I didn’t realize you had downvoted me enough to offset all the likes I’ve gotten since joining BGP haha
  21. What does the community reputation mean?
  22. This is perhaps the best video I’ve seen about this topic all day. This guy parodies of a racist redneck is hysterical. http://https://twitter.com/brentterhune/status/1270873856295817224?s=21
  23. So there were some burglaries in the area at some unknown point in time. AA was out for a jog in a white neighborhood, saw a house under construction, went to look at it. Someone saw that and assumed it had to have been the same guy because he was black and there couldn’t possibly be any other black guys in their neighborhood. Someone called 911, the guys grabbed their guns, chased him down, and shot him when he was scared of two white dudes in a pickup truck with guns in their hands. It’s pretty obvious why he was shot. He was jogging while black.
  24. I’m definitely not saying that they gunned him down for no reason. Read between the lines here.
  25. You have no proof that we’ve been mislead. What have you seen that shows he was doing anything besides jogging?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.