2017 Boy's Region Golf Results/State Entries

Here is the full list of the teams and individuals that made it to the State Tournament, congratulations to all teams and individuals.

http://khsaa.org/golf/2017/2017boysregionalresults.pdf

Couple of things I noticed:

1. Madison Central beat LCA by 1 stroke to win Region 9.

2. St. Xavier and LarRue County won their region by 2 strokes.

3. This is the first time in a long time that Mason County will not have an individual or team member competing at the State Tournament.

4. This is Lewis County's first trip to the State Tournament in school history.

5. Montgomery County has won 4 of the last 5 of their Regional Tournaments.

Here's something else; Trinity shot 9 under as a team and didn't win. lol

Those two teams will be hard to beat next week. The question becomes, who are the teams that will battle for 3rd and 4th? Madison Central, Owensboro Catholic, Taylor Co., LCA and Montgomery Co. are teams I think have a shot at those two spots.

Here is a link to the final Leaderboard. Wow...that track must have been playing some kind of difficult, majority of these scores are horrendous for a State Tournament.

217 Leachman/KHSAA Boys State Golf Results/Tee Times/Info | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

Not exactly, I think the level of competition is just going down compared to years past. From 2010-2013 it was always tough with hard/fast greens and then the Bermuda rough was really thick to where if you hit it in you were essentially chipping out. Then in 2014, 2015, and 2016 it wasn't set up near as difficult, the greens weren't as firm and the rough wasn't as thick.