Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Pause 8th Region Preview

Featured Replies

TOP 10 PLAYERS (7 of these guys graduated last year, this is last year list)

 

1.) Cobe Penny - Anderson County

2.) Joe Griffin - South Oldham

3.) Jalen Henry - North Oldham

4.) Dominique Turner - Collins

5.) Brennan Staley - Williamsburg

6.) Mason Wilson - Gallatin County

7.) Ismail Jones - Oldham County

8.) John Paul Garmon - Anderson County

9.) J.C. Hawkins - Simon Kenton

10.) Zach Clinkenbeard - Walton Verona

 

TOP 10 TEAMS

 

1.) Anderson County

2.) Oldham County

3.) Walton Verona

4.) Collins

5.) Simon Kenton

6.) South Oldham

7.) North Oldham

8.) Spencer County

9.) Gallatin County

10.) Grant County

What a shame not even having the correct players. Miles would have to be on every top 10 list.

And Kelsch for that matter!

  • Author
This is last year's edition.

 

The players obviously are, I am not sure about the teams. I have to think the teams listed are this years edition, no way that going into last season South Oldham was projected 6th entering the season.

 

Either way it is a joke that the most highly anticipated preview magazine in the state of Kentucky makes blunders like this in multiple regions. Many people across the state buy the magazine solely for the high school basketball preview then they produce a preview with multiple teams and players in each region from the 16-17 season.

The players obviously are, I am not sure about the teams. I have to think the teams listed are this years edition, no way that going into last season South Oldham was projected 6th entering the season.

 

Either way it is a joke that the most highly anticipated preview magazine in the state of Kentucky makes blunders like this in multiple regions. Many people across the state buy the magazine solely for the high school basketball preview then they produce a preview with multiple teams and players in each region from the 16-17 season.

 

I agree. Especially, with how much anticipation for this season in the 8th. The

Agreed the team's are this year and players are last year.

 

I know SK was ahead of Walton pre season last year although the Bearcats prevailed.

 

It is quite comical.

  • Author
JC Hawkins graduated.

 

About 7 of the guys on the list did. Epic screw up by the Cats Pause

I was just thinking that Clinkenbeard was gone. I thought I lost my mind.

Walton is the #1 team IMO. Best boys' team they have had in quite a while.

Im not set on giving Walton Verona the number 1 nod yet. Time will tell, 4 of their top 8 play football so I think they will struggle early but hopefully come tournament time they will be playing their best ball like last year. I still think Anderson gets the 1 spot until proven otherwise.

The reason I had AC over WV is because of experience. Past 2 yrs finished as runner up in the region and last yrs game could have gone either way. In my opinion Penny is better than Stanley, the big time X factor will be Miles. Like someone mentioned on here, AC is far from a one man show but Penny is their engine. If Miles has improved offensively then nobody in the 8th will be able to stop him. He's already a huge difference maker on the defensive end. I have not seen SK and Kelch (I'm hoping to sometime this yr) and some on here think he's the best big man in the 8th. He's a 6'9 D1 kid so he just may be the best. It would be just like one of the Oldham schools to sneak up on everyone and come out of the region. I believe its O.C. that has some good players returning. Can't count Collins out either with arguably the state's best soph. pg, experience, and really good coaching. Someone's gonna have to come out of the Carroll Co, Henry Co., Eminence, Gallatin Co., and Owen Co. and make it to the region. Seems like I was told Gallatin would be favored but I have no idea who's their main returning players.

SK will be good they return Kelch Sr., Robinson Sr., Perry Sr., Kitchens Sr., Mastin Sr., Krohman Jr., Lair Jr., Sergent Jr., Hickey Jr., Fries, Schwartz So., Hensley So., Davis So., Dearborn So., Brann So. and Niece Fr. from last year.

One thing I think we all can agree on in here, the Roy will be rocking come March. As a Hoosier I've come to really love going to Henry Co. for the region and make it a must every yr., no matter my schedule with teaching and coaching middle school ball. Looks like this yr may be one of the most competitive.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.