Mercer County 82 Grant County 59

Mercer got off to a slow start. Grant came out fired up and both Faulkner and Dow got in (very) early foul trouble. About midway through the second quarter, Mercer finally started to play well. Hager had 27 and James 20, and Mercer got quality minutes off the bench from Drew Davis, Jackson Baughman and Jon Dunning. Saylor had 21 for Grant.

Mercer didn't play well against South Laurel on Friday night either. With James being new and Hager missing 2 weeks (including a scrimmage and their first game) due to illness, this Mercer team is still working on their chemistry. I look for them to gel over Christmas. They have so many weapons that bring different things and have the potential to be very good.

Actually made it to the game last night i expected Mercer to come out and take care of Grant right away. I was very surprised by how much talent GC still has even with their departures last year and I heard their starting PG didn't play. Their new post (transfer) played really well last night too.

With that said, Mercer is very good. I like them to win the 12th. Grant should compete for the district again and could be in the mix in the 8th.

Actually made it to the game last night i expected Mercer to come out and take care of Grant right away. I was very surprised by how much talent GC still has even with their departures last year and I heard their starting PG didn't play. Their new post (transfer) played really well last night too.

With that said, Mercer is very good. I like them to win the 12th. Grant should compete for the district again and could be in the mix in the 8th.

Kind of what I expected as well, especially after seeing them play each other over the summer. But Mercer did have 2 of their top 4 players on the bench in foul trouble in the first quarter. That makes things a little more difficult.

The post player will make a difference for Grant. And Saylor is going to be a nice player. They seem like a team that will likely be much, much better at home. If they bring that level of intensity every night, they'll surprise some teams.

I'm very happy with the way Grant has played so far this season, not from a record standpoint, but the fact they have 2 returning players who played significant minutes. I thought games before the New Year, they would really struggle. But they are competing and thats the thing I wanted to see most from them. They don't have much depth, but the ones that are playing are certainly capable of playing a lot of minutes. This district is really good this year.