Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

powerfootball

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by powerfootball

  1. This will help in the long run. Nothing wrong with the play calling or predictibility. Anyone with a backfield like Watkins, Fritts, Taylor, ect. will be predictable somewhat- most of the time one of those 3 are getting the ball! It doesn't matter if they know its coming if our team carries out blocking assignments. See the Belfry Pirates. Corbin's players just need to learn that it takes 11 operating as 1, every snap, and we will be fine! I just hope both teams take out lessons from this game that will serve them well come playoff time. GRC just out foxed us on the fake punt, and made a few more plays here and there.
  2. Corbin did alot of good things tonight, playing through adverse conditions to beat a VERY solid Hazard squad. The game could have went either way, but Corbin got a few breaks early and cashed in on some Hazard mistakes. The fumble by Combs, and the pass interferance on Olinger were 2 pivital plays that kept Hazard from scoring, and set up the TD from a very determined Aaron Manns. Caleb Watkins took a punt return to the house, and Fritts and Taylor played well. O Line did a good job, but the lack of traction made it very tough to stay with blocks. Willard Farris smoked Hazards staff on that double reverse pass. There was no one home in Hazards secondary. Best call made all night. I would like to see these two hooked up on a dry field, it would be a good game for sure. Best of luck to the Hazard Bulldogs this season, I think they will make alot of noise in 1A this year.
  3. Hazard is the toughest opponent Corbin will have faced to date. Redhound D has been very sharp thus far in the season, and will have to step up big once again. I don't expect Corbin to get away from the basic ground and pound game. Fritts is becoming a bigger part of the offense, and I believe that Manns will get more looks as he played well against SL. I don't know much about Hazard other than the WYMT guys tell us they are extra explosive. Should be a good game at Campbell Field Friday night. Hazard fans, we look foward to hosting you!
  4. I don't have anything to really contribute to this thread besides GO BLUEBIRDS!!!!
  5. If you saw the game, you would have seen an offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct call where a SL player came out of the pile by shoving down a Corbin player. After the dust settled, South ran 1 play and fumbled to us. We still failed to convert. After the exchange I just didn't see any added emotion from the kids tonight. When a team wants to get testy, I thought we should have put six on the board there....and we just didnt respond with any extra fire when things got a little heated out there tonight.
  6. Whitley Co. has to get it in gear. The wheels came off the wagon tonight. I didn't see this coming at all!!!
  7. A W is a W, but our hogs got whipped around up front just a little tonight. Very dissapointed with the way Corbin responded after the Unsportsmanlike conduct call near the end zone. Very lathargic, when they should have stepped up and smacked South right in the mouth for 6 on the next few plays. Not sure I'd want any of our boys having my back in a barnyard brawl tonight...
  8. Jep Irwin was a good one. I thought he was one of the best when he left the area.
  9. I'm suprised that former Pikeville coach, and current Letcher Central coach Hillard Howard hasn't gotten a mention. I'm not saying he is the best, but he belongs in the list of greats, right there with Hilton, Haywood,Holcomb, Schneider, ect.....
  10. I think WC is way more talented, but Belfry will be tough and physical, much like Bell Co., without so many skill players. Until WC can put 4 quarters of good football together, I can't pick them over what will be a down, but solid Belfry club. Belfry by 10.
  11. From the outside looking in, he's got the Jumpers clicking on all cylinders. I say let the man have the job!!!!! I always liked Somerset's Mascot, by the way.
  12. Have mercy on us poor old 2A Redhounds in the future when we play big ole 5A North Laurel :ohbrother: Just kidding 3Wishes
  13. I will second that Bell County can compete with anyone in the state. They may not win, but they can compete. :thumb:
  14. I've not seen a game where 1 call made the difference in the outcome of a game since the boys region basketball tournament at Clay Co., where a foul was called with no time left to put a Clay Co. shooter on the line.... I think I saw another one on WYMT last night with this game right here...
  15. Looks like he was down. Take away that one, its still 27-8.
  16. Lets not get carried away, Fort Thomas Highlands are 5A as well....
  17. Wow Congrats to the Briar Jumpers.
  18. That is what is great about this Corbin team...Watkins doesn't HAVE to be a factor for us to win. However, Caleb should be given more credit, he had another very solid outing tonight.
  19. Bell Co. and Coach Hilton do what they do....make good teams look bad. They made WC look pretty bad tonight.
  20. So if Bell Co. beats Whitley Co. tonight, does that mean they(WC) should stay ranked ahead of Prestonsburg and Corbin? FYI.....I believe Pburg should be #2, at this point.
  21. I don't understand the methodology they use for picking this top 10. Normally, you lose, and you drop. Can't figure out how Whitley maintains the #2 spot after the Lex Cath debacle. Especially considering the 3rd and 4th ranked teams are undefeated, and have beaten quality teams, I.E. Danville, Breathitt Co., ect.
  22. I would agree wholeheartedly. I think Corbin will win by 10, but if you have played against the elder Larkey you will know his teams (even when they had no great talent) was always fundamentally sound. I expect with some talent, and good fundamentals that NL will be a hard team to blow-out.
  23. Thats exactly my thought. I just can't imagine if Dudley's boys had a 33 to 14 lead with 9 minutes remaining, that a team coached by him would fail to finish the game. That is the only reason I have to put my chips on Bell Co. in this game. Dudley is an ace in these type games.
  24. I will agree that Bell Co. is a main player in the King of the Mts contest, but respectfully I think there's a good arguement for Belfry and Breathitt Co., especially since they do have more state titles over the last 2 decades than does Bell. As of this season, Bell Co. is king until they are defeated!!!:thumb:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.