Everything posted by powerfootball
-
Corbin/Knox Central Predictions
Agreed. Corbin always scores points, and he's the best at playing keep away. I have seen him run a play knowing its not going to work, just to set you up for the next 2. Coach Farris is always looking ahead. As for a prediction, I say: Corbin 28 KC 7
-
Corbin 23 Pikeville 15
Congrats Hounds!!! Quality win, on the road, in a hostile environment. Pikeville is a tough place to get a win anytime. :thumb:
-
2008 Williamsburg
Williamsburg is on the right track. They have coaches that care about the kids, and are smart enough to adjust thier scheme to fit the kids they have on the field. Those kids who buy into whats going on down there, will excel in my opinion.
-
Newport Central Catholic 28 Corbin 16 (2A)
Exactly. I want to also say that Caleb Watkins is the man! His heart and hustle is a huge reason the hounds were able to have such a fine year. We love this kid and look foward to having him around. He and Fritts are special, and will do big things for the Redhounds. Also, I want to thank all the seniors for their hard work. I have spent many enjoyable nights watching them grow into men over the last four years. I wish them nothing but the best.
-
Newport Central Catholic 28 Corbin 16 (2A)
No, NewCath is a much more gracious host than the city school in Pulaski Co. We just got beat tonight.
-
Corbin at Newport Central Catholic (2A)
GO HOUNDS!!! I will be leaving at 1PM for the game, just so that we can stop a few times on the way up. Everyone have a safe trip. See you there.
-
Belfry @ Somerset (3A)
Jumper Dad... After watching us (Corbin) play @ the Briar Patch, and watching us play Belfry, I want to offer my opinion on this, take it for what it is worth. I'm not trying to get you down, but I don't know if Somerset can score on Belfrys starting D. They can get pressure on your QB and never blitz a backer. The LB's are big AND fast and cover well. Also, unless the Jumpers find a way to stop the run, they won't have many opportunties on offense. Misdirection doesn't work (they are too disiplined) and you can't run over them. They have no weaknesses. What you are about witness friday night is a real live football powerhouse. It will be Somersets biggest win in 20 years if they pull this off.
-
Corbin at Newport Central Catholic (2A)
I challenge any Corbin fan who reads this site...get behind our boys and be at Newport...they need our support!!
-
Belfry @ Somerset (3A)
Dustin May could have that many himself if he plays 3 quarters. He is a stud, period.
-
Belfry @ Somerset (3A)
Belfry will score on every possession unless something has changed about Somersets Run D since the Corbin game. I'm going with Belfry 42 Somerset 14.
-
Does It Bother You
Tootsie, Belfry's O sometimes does this to good teams. They scored in 2 plays against us in the season opener. It may be vanilla, but they do it so well up there. I left there a Belfry fan, I like the way they play the game. Reminds me of Corbin teams of old, good memories.
-
Second Round: Middlesboro @ Corbin
Middlesboro is always a tough matchup in the playoffs. Kenny Roark has a knack for having his teams ready, so in order to win Corbin must bring their A game to Campbell Field. The 48-15 win Corbin had earlier in the year is very deceiving as this game was much closer than the score indicated. However, Coach Jewell is much to experienced in playoff games to allow his team to look ahead to a potential matchup with NCC, and I believe with all my heart the Redhounds will be ready and will post their 11th win on friday night! :jump:
-
Taylor County @ Somerset
I feel sorry for anyone who has to play @ the Briar Patch.
-
Corbin 56 Somerset 47
We are proud of these Redhounds! What an effort by a special group of young men. Coach Farris has this offense clicking. Hats off to Coach Jewell for taking up for his men out there. He had to feel pressure to win, with his ties to somerset, and his family in the stands. It is hard to stay focused when a game is called like that. I do think that reflected the way the team played, so kudos to the staff was well. Not many other teams could overcome what the big Red did tonight. Alot of positives for us, but this game may be a blessing as well. We know we have to improve against the pass. Corey Sewell had the play of the night, even if it got called back. What an INT.
-
Lynn Camp's David Mitchell
Coach Mitchell has my respect because he believes in his team, and will not back down from anyone, anytime, anywhere. He is very efficient. He gets the most out of what little he was to work with, and has stood the test of time at L.C.
-
Corbin 47 Leslie Co. 0
Corbin thanks you for the nice words. Corbin isn't down this year, Belfry is just the type of team who makes a good football team look bad.
-
Corbin football game atmosphere.
I was blasted for calling out people over the Bell game, but from a few posts from other users tell me some agree the series SHOULD go on. No one gets excited for Corbin vs. Bethlehem. It will be playoffs before we see another good football team play our Redhounds. We will be rested, yet untested.
-
Corbin 48 Middlesboro 15
Corbin's coaches are tired of hearing about it by now. I agree with the Bell folks about it, too. It was a good game for both Corbin and Bell's kids. No, it will not stop either side from a state championship, but it was a good game for pride and it is a shame it had to go. BUT... Good job Redhounds on beating up on Middlesboro.
-
Corbin vs. North Laurel
Everyone who plays Bell and Belfry tend to struggle against them...
-
Corbin/Middlesboro Predictions
If Corbin is serious about a trip to the pizza box, they will come out and whip the Jackets for 4 quarters. This is the biggest district game we have, and the Redhounds need to make a statement, and I believe they will.
-
Corbin 47 LCA 21
That ? has been on the scoreboard way to long. 2007 looks like a good replacement for it.
-
Corbin 47 LCA 21
Good Job Hounds, keep rolling. How about the O? Coach Farris doesn't get his due, he can coach an offense.
-
Corbin vs. LCA on the road again
This should be a good test for both teams. Being a Corbin fan, I am anxious to see how we respond being on the road against a good team. We will know more about our readiness for the post season after friday night.
-
Pineville's Jereme Neal
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Neal family,the team,and the community.
-
Knox Central 15 Rockcastle 0
Congrats Panthers, Big WIN!!!!:ylsuper: