Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

powerfootball

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by powerfootball

  1. I have to agree with you, so I'll take my beating from the internet security staff when you do. :devil:
  2. You are right, the fans do not expect for us to lose. The expectations are to win. Losing as many as you win is simply not acceptable.
  3. With all due respect, if you think for an instance that starting the year off going 0 and 5 (last year), starting 0 and 3 (this year); losing 5 (going to be 6) games per year, losing four consecutive years to South, 3 straight losses to Bell County, thrown in with embarssing performances such as Middlesboro are acceptable, then you are either blind, or wanting to kiss up to those responsible for this mess. Heck, it took us 4 games to beat a rebuilding single A team at home by 13 points. Pulaski Co. has only won 2 games and we can only muster 23 points against each district opponent (We haven't beaten a quality opponent in two years!). My queestion to you is, given the facts above, how can this scenerio be acceptable for Redhound Football? Its Not!!!!!!
  4. A win is a win, but from watching the game and looking at the scoreboard, it foretells that we are going no where fast come playoff time. True playoff contenders would crush Casey, much like the Redhouds of old would.
  5. Corbin should win by 3 TDs. Casey could keep it close with smart coaching.
  6. From watching the Corbin/Middlesboro game, I left feeling very concerned about both teams defense. I think Breathitt will do just as well picking apart the Middlesboro defense, and do a much better job than Corbin at stopping them. Therefore I see Breathitt winning by 14.
  7. You take wins any way you can, and the kids did a good job of hanging in there through all the mistakes. We must improve though, a game this sloppy as this one will get you sent home early during playoff time. We should take this game as a lesson and hopefully learn from the mistakes.
  8. Pitiful may be too harsh of a word, but when a team goes unblemished in district play for 3 years in a row it certainly doesn't speak volumes for the level of competition within the district. If the district had any parity at all, some of them would have beaten the hounds by now. Just a thought.
  9. Who is in Corbin's district next year?
  10. That would be a step in the right direction for the Hounds.
  11. Iron out the kinks? Thats what you said the week before Mboro spanked us for 62!!!! :scared: :lol: Given how pitiful this district has become, I would expect Corbin to come out strong. Its not like we're playing Bell County.
  12. Wayne County looks to be at least a decent football team. Corbin is not good enough to blow out decent football teams. While I think Corbin will win, I believe that Wayne County is more physical and will keep it close because we have problems tackling physical football teams. I'll go with Corbin by 14.
  13. Are you OK with the fact that most of the football community in Kentucky thinks Corbin is scared of Bell County? IM NOT!!! I care about the pride of this program, and it frankly makes me red hot mad when somone tells me my program is scared of anyone. I defend Corbin with my heart and soul, but this I cannot. Its selfish and childish to drop this game because of all thats occured. Someone needs to think less about themselves, and more about the program as a whole. I think the man who dropped Bell Co. needs to take a lesson from Coach Farris, that man won't back down from anyone for any reason! He has pride! I don't want people to "view us as they may." Have some Redhound Pride! What should happen is keep Bell County on the schedule, work hard to prepare the kids, go to Log Mountain next fall and put a good 4 quarter whipping on the Bobcats.
  14. It is a shame, and there is NO excuse for it.
  15. Thanks. Like I said math isn't my area. We're worse than I thought!!! :scared:
  16. Fan support isn't what it used to be, thats why the Pigskin Classic wasn't at the level we are used to. The fireworks, loud music, air shows ect. showed that the people around the program were excited about what they are doing! The Pigskin this year was none of that, no one seems excited about doing anything anymore. The program needs some exciting flavor to it. We need the Pigskin to be the BEST bowl in the state. Vin Hoover had it there, but its derailed right now.
  17. Archies teams came instilled with his tough attitude, and played basic football very well. Blocking, tackling and hard hitting. Nothing fancy, just line up and move forward. You didn't see much confusion among the players about where to be, they were always prepared to play. Thats why he had success. I cannot remember an Archie Powers coached team who were fundamentally so weak. I don't think I ever seen anyone score 62 points on his defense, either. Those teams would be lucky to give up 62 through 5 games.
  18. 2/5 is the same as 4/10 which is also .4, right? Math is not my area though.
  19. It may not be possible, Corbin play a good team, and follow that up with a high proflie type high school game. Maybe invite like, Trinity and a Super 25 type team. Just an idea, may not be possible but it would make for a great game.
  20. Sadly, we're not even .500, we're .400. :cry:
  21. Thank you for the kind words Math.
  22. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Youth has been the excuse for too long. While a few are new to the game, there's alot of the same faces from last year (when they really were young). These kids haven't developed like they should/could. I'd like to hear the beef of your assertions. You say we are well coached. Please tell me, what is it about this season (or last) that leads you to believe that we are well coached? Its certainly not showing up in the win/loss column, nor does it show up in how our kids play the game. Well coached teams usually aren't 2 and 5. If there are well coached 2 and 5 teams, i'd like to hear about them.
  23. Offensively, the game was coached well. 42 points should be enough everytime. Defensively, go look at the stat sheet. It won't lie to you. Give them courage? Do you really believe Corbin players lack courage? Thats what you just said, and I don't agree with that. Our kids aren't scared, Sir. Why can't you call a spade a spade? I'm sure they do tackling drills, but if you were at Middlesboro you'd know they aren't working! Time to do a different drill! Wake up True Redhound. Several times I've seen you point a finger at the players (like you are now) while relieving the coaches of any responsibility of the embarassing season we're having (we are 2 and 5). I guess you are one of those people who would blame the players if the sun didn't come up in the morning. Fact is,We've got a great QB. We've got strong linemen, and we've got good enough speed. They're just not well coached!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.