Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

powerfootball

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by powerfootball

  1. I would hit Shiloh's Roadhouse in London, right off the 41 Exit, especially since most of you will take Exit 29 toward Middlesboro. Its about 5 minutes out of the way, but off Exit 25 (south Corbin) there is an Applebees and a Dino's Italian that is good as well. If you do that, you can get back to 25 E (toward Bell Co) by taking a right at the 1st traffic light past Applebees. There isn't much dfference time wise, since Exit 29 has a multitude of traffic lights through north Corbin. In my opinion, those are the three top choices for eats in the area.
  2. I'm sure happy the winner isn't decided on a message board. This is going to be a very very physical, bone crunching type of game. I think at this point, you can forget about the ratings, rankings or what have you, this is going to be war. Who wins this game is a toss up, but I think the margin of victory will be less than 1 TD.
  3. Which is a great accomplishment, and one to be proud of. However, tacking a 2008 in over that ? on the scoreboard would be much much sweeter.
  4. I don't think there is anything wrong with Bell's defense. I just think Knox Central showed Bell Co and the rest of the world they were a little better than the 21-0 whipping they took early in the year.
  5. Congrats Colonels!!! Fort Thomas Highlands up next!!!!
  6. Per radio coverage, I'm sure it appeared a fake. I am about sure that wasn't the playcall. It was more Mike Campbell making a first down out of a punt that was about to get blocked. Nonetheless hats off to Campbell for a heads-up play that caused a big mo' swing.
  7. Congrats to the Redhounds. As good as Campbell and Watkins looked on offense, I thought C.J. Crawford and Matthew Taylor played huge on defense for us tonight.
  8. Hard fought win for the Bobcats tonight. Kudos to Central on a great year.
  9. I don't think Corbin can be anointed the favorite. Prestonsburg is balanced, battle tested and very experienced team. It will take a monumental effort for Corbin to take this game. We are up to the challenge, but from the looks of this poll, I have a gut feeling many don't know just how good Prestonsburg is!
  10. I'm not sure how anything I have said "downgrades" your program. I have, however called out those who accuse coach Mills of "coaching" dirty play, and reminded them of where he came from, (Bell Co.) There is a difference in watching film with Blue and white blinders, and breaking one down for purposes of game preperation without bias. Facts/truth/the way it is can be easily mixed with perception that is biased. This is the point I am trying to get across: I do dispute their words simply because I do not believe Wayne Mills coaches illegal blocks as earlier suggested by some of you on this thread. He wouldn't do that because Dudley Hilton would have taught him better. That is something I do have a clue about. :thumb:
  11. Why can't you guys be happy for Coach Mills and what he is doing down at Knox? He is a disciple of your very own legendary Coach Hilton, yet now that he's actually building a decent program you all seem threatened or defensive about it. Mills and Hilton are cut from the same thread whether you like it or not. How can anyone question Coach Mills coaching tactics when he learned most of them from Coach Hitlon? Have you forgotten he was Hilton's lead assistant for a number of years? You can't awnser my question, so all you can do is bring Corbin into and take shots at us, like you are Coach Mills. If you have something to say about Corbin, make the Mod's happy and take it to the PM's. Bottom line is, in playing Knox Central, Bell County is getting a small dose of their own medicene, and obviously you don't like it.
  12. You're right, it is about Knox and Bell, and not chop blocking. However, chop blocks would not be an issue had a few certain Bell fans not made it one. With that said, any accusations made on Coach Mills and his coaching tactics are completely unwarranted and really should be laid to rest unless one of you have undisputable truth to the contrary. Otherwise, it is nothing more than taking pot-shots at Knox County. As far as the game goes, it should be a good one, and may the best team win!!!
  13. Would you go as far as saying that Dudley Hilton has never coached a chop block? If you do, you haven't studied much film on Hilton coached teams. I have seen more than one Bell team that could chop down a tree. As far as the complaining on Coach Mills, just remember: The apple doesn't fall far from the.....well, you know...
  14. This game should be a old fashioned mountain football slugfest. Who wins and why? I don't know how to add a poll, if a Mod could do that I would appreciate it. From a Corbin fans' perspective, this is going to be our toughest contest to date. We will have to bring our A game if we are to knock off the Blackcats.
  15. This monday morning quarterback stuff is easy but I thought we would see a long count after the penatly to try and get the 5 yards back down there. Had we done that we could have punched it in .
  16. If we do that next week, its curtains. We have to take better care of the ball.
  17. I heard Whitley's announcers say Charlie Banks is out for Letcher Central next week. I hope that is not true, he is an exciting player to watch and deserves to play out the remainder of his career!
  18. I think you've got it. With the gameplan Bath Co. had tonight it would have been hard to put up 50 points against them. They wanted to limit Corbin's possessions, and they actually did a fair job at dictating that. The Corbin kids (at least from my view) played somewhat sloppy tonight, but all are correctible mistakes. Any word on Goforth? I pray he is not seriously injure.d
  19. No offense to PBurg, but I think Middlesboro is peaking at the right time. Boro by 14.
  20. But you know that particular year of the Grid, Corbin wasn't the only team to get a taste of LC that year. They were a top 1A team, and I believe they accomplished enough so that no one can call it fluke.
  21. Point taken Daddy Cat. Remember when Lynn Camp beat Corbin in the grid a few years back? Corbin's players caught a harder time for that loss than any in probably 20 years prior to that. However, as quick as some are to mention LC's Grid O Rama win, no one talks about the following year's Pigskin Classic. Its a lose/lose situation, and honestly I'd like to see a few more statewide powers gracing Corbin's schedule in future years. If you want to be the best, you must beat the best, that is right approach.
  22. You guys are all right, Corbin needs to schedule these local teams every now and then, to remind them who big brother is..... I'll bet that Somerset knows it this morning.....:
  23. Congrats to Coach Herron, Coach Black and Coach Jewell and their 3 fine football teams for representing this area. All the hard work you kids put into football make us proud. Good luck to all in the playoffs, as we go after 3 regional and state championships!!:ylsuper:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.