Corbin 20 Prestonsburg 7

oneijoe

A fake punt with 4:00 left in 2nd qtr. by Corbin at their own 34 was the play of the game.

Corbin disallowed any semblance of a running game from the Blackcats and P-burg couldn't make it up through the air.

Michael Campbell with ~150 yds. on 18 carries to go with 2 field goals was the player of the game.

Corbin definately the better team this night.

Good luck next week, Redhounds...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very pleased to see Corbin play the way they did. On defense they played as well as you could have asked for. I definately got my moneys worth. Even though I am a camp fan, I am definately proud of Corbin and how well they represent our community. Good luck the rest of the way Hounds.

Thanks for the kind words and support from the cross town faithful. I cannot be more proud than I am right now of the Hounds. The defense was hard hitting and tough as new rope tonight. Campbell ran like a bulldozer and nobody could bring him down. Watkins ran like Zansabar the Lippazanner stallion and Taylor was able to change the pace and get to the outside. Gearhart is a tough player for the Blackcats. There was a time or two that I thought he could have had 6 but the QB totally missed him.

Best of luck to Prestonsburg next year. Hopefully the Hounds will be out for blood next week and put all of their focus on the task at hand. You can do it Hounds. 1 at a time. Bring #6 back to Corbin. I'm tired of seeing that stupid question mark on the scoreboard.

A fake punt with 4:00 left in 2nd qtr. by Corbin at their own 34 was the play of the game.

Per radio coverage, I'm sure it appeared a fake. I am about sure that wasn't the playcall. It was more Mike Campbell making a first down out of a punt that was about to get blocked. Nonetheless hats off to Campbell for a heads-up play that caused a big mo' swing.