Corbin/Middlesboro Predictions

IM4THEHOUNDS

Who wins this 2A district 8 match-up?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this 2A district 8 match-up?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never count out Middlesboro but lately Corbin has been a machine on offense and hard hitting on defense. If you try to key on Cashen, Fritts, Watkins, and Campbell will make you pay on the ground. If you try to stack the box and stop the run, Clint will hit Madon, Wagers, and Sewell all day long.

Middlesboro is not as good as they were last year so I think the Hounds will win this one. Middlesboro cant stack the box like they did last year or Corbin will burn them. Cant ever tell though in this rivalry.

I honestly think there are very few 2A teams who have the personnel on defense to stop Corbin's offense. In order to shut down Corbin your first priority is stopping the run, if you can't stop the run, it is over already.

The defense that can stop Corbin needs to be similar to this:

DL- Not so much big and strong, as much as quick and disciplined to beat the Hounds off the ball and fill the power holes.

LB- Needs to be exceptional, they have to not only be ball hawks against the run, but have to be asked to cover receivers coming across the middle, and stay disciplined enough not to overcommit when Cashen rolls out.

DE- Needs to be strong enough to get off the tackle's blocks, but also have to have enough speed to pinch the corner and make contact with the runner sin the backfield.Have to be disciplined enough not to lose contain.

CB- Simply put, they have to be able to cover very talented receivers that run excellent routes.

S- May be asked to play man in order to stop the run, but also must never freelance and break the zone.

I have seen a Coach Roark defense the past 4 years in the playoffs.... the CB's are going to be extremely vulnerable, the LB 's typically overcommit to plays, and the Safety's are usually the weakest point on the Jackets defense. I can see M-boro selling out on the run and attempting to pressure Cashen, which means alot of yards after the catch for the Corbin receivers.

There may not be any team in 2A even close to Belfry's defense, the Hounds could be on the verge of something big.

For 2a corbin is pretty good but middlesboro only has one explosive player. so u contain him u win. That should be pretty simple for Corbin. Look for Corbin's QB to have a huge game if he gets the ball out quickly.

What explosive player are you talking about. Middlesboro has more than one.