Corbin/Middlesboro Predictions

IM4THEHOUNDS

Who wins this 2A district 8 match-up?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this 2A district 8 match-up?

I honestly think there are very few 2A teams who have the personnel on defense to stop Corbin's offense. In order to shut down Corbin your first priority is stopping the run, if you can't stop the run, it is over already.

The defense that can stop Corbin needs to be similar to this:

DL- Not so much big and strong, as much as quick and disciplined to beat the Hounds off the ball and fill the power holes.

LB- Needs to be exceptional, they have to not only be ball hawks against the run, but have to be asked to cover receivers coming across the middle, and stay disciplined enough not to overcommit when Cashen rolls out.

DE- Needs to be strong enough to get off the tackle's blocks, but also have to have enough speed to pinch the corner and make contact with the runner sin the backfield.Have to be disciplined enough not to lose contain.

CB- Simply put, they have to be able to cover very talented receivers that run excellent routes.

S- May be asked to play man in order to stop the run, but also must never freelance and break the zone.

It doesn't sound like the '85 Bears can stop them :lol:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunter Adams is their big play guy. Brennan Bowling is coming off an injury, but had a big game against Clay. If Corbin can pick up the Middlesboro blitz, they should easily win this game. Middlesboro's offense is tough to handle, because the veer is hard to stop. But with the right preparation, it can be done. This team is no where near the team from last year, because there isn't a passing game at all. Stop Adams, game over.

Hunter Adams is their big play guy. Brennan Bowling is coming off an injury, but had a big game against Clay. If Corbin can pick up the Middlesboro blitz, they should easily win this game. Middlesboro's offense is tough to handle, because the veer is hard to stop. But with the right preparation, it can be done. This team is no where near the team from last year, because there isn't a passing game at all. Stop Adams, game over.

Is Adams the QB? He was the one that impressed me.

It doesn't sound like the '85 Bears can stop them :lol:

It's not as difficult as it appears.. the main theme is discipline and not getting sucked into the running game and losing coverage. There are plenty of teams with capabilities of stopping Corbin, I just don't think Middlesboro or anyone left on their regular season schedule can do it.

I honestly think there are very few 2A teams who have the personnel on defense to stop Corbin's offense. In order to shut down Corbin your first priority is stopping the run, if you can't stop the run, it is over already.

The defense that can stop Corbin needs to be similar to this:

DL- Not so much big and strong, as much as quick and disciplined to beat the Hounds off the ball and fill the power holes.

LB- Needs to be exceptional, they have to not only be ball hawks against the run, but have to be asked to cover receivers coming across the middle, and stay disciplined enough not to overcommit when Cashen rolls out.

DE- Needs to be strong enough to get off the tackle's blocks, but also have to have enough speed to pinch the corner and make contact with the runner sin the backfield.Have to be disciplined enough not to lose contain.

CB- Simply put, they have to be able to cover very talented receivers that run excellent routes.

S- May be asked to play man in order to stop the run, but also must never freelance and break the zone.

I have seen a Coach Roark defense the past 4 years in the playoffs.... the CB's are going to be extremely vulnerable, the LB 's typically overcommit to plays, and the Safety's are usually the weakest point on the Jackets defense. I can see M-boro selling out on the run and attempting to pressure Cashen, which means alot of yards after the catch for the Corbin receivers.

There may not be any team in 2A even close to Belfry's defense, the Hounds could be on the verge of something big.

Newport Catholic will of course have something to say about that.....