Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 21 South Laurel 0

Featured Replies

Final

I am kind of impressed with South in this game. I really expected this to be a blow out. Good showing by the South Laurel defense.

Not sure if it was a good showing by South D or a poor showing by Corbin O. Corbin passed much more than usual tonight...I thought. Almost seemed as though they wanted to "work" on the passing game.

Hounds will have to be sharper next week against Hazard to continue the win streak.

I am kind of impressed with South in this game. I really expected this to be a blow out. Good showing by the South Laurel defense.

 

South's D played well, often whipped Corbin's offensive line. Corbin still has some work to do up front, maybe just have to give South credit.

I thought this would be much worse. South must be improving.

South's D played well, often whipped Corbin's offensive line. Corbin still has some work to do up front, maybe just have to give South credit.

 

OK, I will give credit where due. I wasn't at the game, listened. That was the feel I got.

OK, I will give credit where due. I wasn't at the game, listened. That was the feel I got.

 

You may be right, not sure if Corbin passed because South took away the run or if Willard wanted to work on the passing game.:idunno:

The Hounds keep on rolling. 4-0 is a nice start to a season.

A W is a W, but our hogs got whipped around up front just a little tonight. Very dissapointed with the way Corbin responded after the Unsportsmanlike conduct call near the end zone. Very lathargic, when they should have stepped up and smacked South right in the mouth for 6 on the next few plays. Not sure I'd want any of our boys having my back in a barnyard brawl tonight...

A W is a W, but our hogs got whipped around up front just a little tonight. Very dissapointed with the way Corbin responded after the Unsportsmanlike conduct call near the end zone. Very lathargic, when they should have stepped up and smacked South right in the mouth for 6 on the next few plays. Not sure I'd want any of our boys having my back in a barnyard brawl tonight...

 

:confused:

:confused:

 

 

If you saw the game, you would have seen an offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct call where a SL player came out of the pile by shoving down a Corbin player. After the dust settled, South ran 1 play and fumbled to us. We still failed to convert.

 

 

After the exchange I just didn't see any added emotion from the kids tonight. When a team wants to get testy, I thought we should have put six on the board there....and we just didnt respond with any extra fire when things got a little heated out there tonight.

Much closer than I thought it would be. SL played very good on defense.They loaded the D-line up and shut down our running game.Corbin as a team did not play good tonight they looked flat.SL played they way they should in a big rival game and we didnit.But as ugly as it was Corbin got the win that is why Corbin is a very good team.There will be nights like that when nothing is going right. Corbin 4-0 on the season good job Hounds.

The Redhound defense pitches a shutout...and there's only mention lack of offensive production ?!?

 

DEFENSE is where it's at with this Corbin team. Not many points are needed when a defense plays like that. Great job !!

I was impressed with Corbin and South. South doesn't have the overall talent that they have had 4 or 5 years ago but they have a very nice line and backs. Their line was big and physical. If their backs had more experience and weren't adapting to a new style, they would be a tough ball club.

 

As for Corbin, they came out, ran the ball, passed the ball and did what they needed to do. I'm much more impressed with a 21-0 win than I would have been a 42-14 win. Pitching a shutout is a hard thing to do. Especially with a good offense like South.

 

I will also say, Im sure Corbin was overlooking them a bit but South coming out and smacking them made it more close than what the reality says it should have been. Corbin needs to get tougher across the front.

 

As Hounds said, they do seem to lack a little toughness. I'm not saying they should play dirty and cheap shot but a nasty streak is needed. This is football, not youth choir at the church house. Whether anyone will admit it or not, everyone knows football needs to have a little venom. I'm not one to care whether or not someone thinks if I have class or not. Like I said, nothing dirty or intentionally trying to injure a kid but it'd be nice if the Hounds caused some bruises and let the opponents know they just got hit.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.