Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset 48 Danville 7

Featured Replies

  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danville sitting at 1-3 on the season :scared:

I hate to say it but I believe Danville hung it up in the locker room last Saturday night at Campbell Field. Once Corbin got up on them, the Ads seemed to just go through the motions. Sounds like Somerset came to play tonight. Congrats on the victory. As a fan told us from Corbin, I'd not hang your hat on beating the Ads this season. Never the less, a Win is a Win and congratulations are in order.

 

I hope those kids from Danville get their heads on straight and play some football. There is too much talent on those sidelines and you guys have one of the best coaches in Kentucky history. Bust your hump and win some football games. Being 1-3 isn't because you all aren't good enough. There is too strong of a tradition up there to represent it with lackluster effort. I'm pulling for you guys.

  • Author

They are just a very young team, Hank. A lot of them are playing varsity for the first time this year. They'll be fine next year and the year after that, but I believe they are going to take some lumps this year. I hope it doesn't mess with their psyche too much, though. They have loads of talent.

Danville will easily make the playoffs, but they're headed for another early exit, IMO.

Jumpers played a strong game tonight. Danville had RB with over 100 yards but 4 turnovers killed them. Somerset ran up over 580 yards tonight with a very balanced attack. Good job Jumpers, on to Estill Co. next week.

Just got in from the game...Good win for Somerset...

This Danville team should be better than this...It's the little things that kill...

 

The Ads had every opportunity to have led this game 14-13 at the half after being down 13-0...But instead were down 20-7...

 

The talent is there...The athletes are there...The only thing I see missing is the Heart...

 

I have never seen a sideline so quiet from start to finish...:idunno:

Just got in from the game...Good win for Somerset...

This Danville team should be better than this...It's the little things that kill...

 

The Ads had every opportunity to have led this game 14-13 at the half after being down 13-0...But instead were down 20-7...

 

The talent is there...The athletes are there...The only thing I see missing is the Heart...

 

I have never seen a sideline so quiet from start to finish...:idunno:

 

 

Nice effort again for the Briar Jumpers. Somerset controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and was the better team tonight. A couple of fortunate bounces turned what probably would have been a close game into a rout. The fumble when Danville was at the Somerset 15 yard line in the 2nd quarter was a killer as was the muffed punt snap that Somerset punter Alex Lange turned into a 22 yard run for a first down. If those plays go the Admirals way the game could have went down to the wire.

 

I agree with you Adopted Admiral, I was on the chain crew tonight and the Danville kids just didn't seem to have much emotion. They seemed to hang their heads a little bit when they got a couple of bad breaks. That's the sign of a young team. I'm sure they'll get better as the year goes on and they could be really good the next couple of years. Good luck the rest of the year.

 

Congrats to the Briar Jumpers and Coach Lucas on a 4-0 start!

Just got in from the game...Good win for Somerset...

This Danville team should be better than this...It's the little things that kill...

 

The Ads had every opportunity to have led this game 14-13 at the half after being down 13-0...But instead were down 20-7...

 

The talent is there...The athletes are there...The only thing I see missing is the Heart...

 

I have never seen a sideline so quiet from start to finish...:idunno:

 

I read in the update thread that the AD's started a freshman QB tonight. What happened to #12 who played QB last week? He is a playmaker and I would think that Danville would need him to make plays if they are going to beat any good teams.:confused:

  • Author
I read in the update thread that the AD's started a freshman QB tonight. What happened to #12 who played QB last week? He is a playmaker and I would think that Danville would need him to make plays if they are going to beat any good teams.:confused:

 

Bad hamstring. Apparently he is shut down until he is 100% healthy. I saw him at the Corbin game and he really needs to let it heal properly. I thought he was a liability on defense because he couldn't move that well.

 

He is definitely needed, but he is needed healthy. There isn't a lot he can do with one leg.

Way to go boys can anyone spell undefeated?

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule 13

Way to go boys can anyone spell undefeated?

 

It looks like you can.

Edited by gold sunrise

It looks like you can.

 

hehehehehehehehe...............:laugh:

Had Somerset winning this one, but that score blows me away!! Coach Lucas has team flat out rolling! I don't see a team left on this schedule with a chance in the regular season. Somerset will roll to 10-0. Congratulations to those young men.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.