Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin/South Laurel Predictions

Who wins? 44 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Corbin travels to South after beating a much improved North Laurel team! What are your thoughts on the outcome?

 

 

 

My guess is Corbin will win by as much as they want to..."40+":thumb:

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbin by very many points.....

On paper, Corbin should run away with this game but I never remember this game ending how it should on paper. Maybe this year, Corbin has too many horses but I believe that South will bring the fight to the Hounds. I think for a half, South Laurel will hang tough. I could see it being a 7-14 point lead for the Hounds at the half. In the end, I think Corbin will pull away and win 44-14.

Corbin will come out on top and the 2's and 3's will get playing time in the 4th.

Corbin scores early and often. Corbin 42-7

I said Hounds would shut out North 40 0 and I was close so I think they will Beat South 48-0

Poll added.

I said Hounds would shut out North 40 0 and I was close so I think they will Beat South 48-0

 

BUT, ... if it weren't for the turnovers, that very well may have been a very close game. Early on, North moved the ball on Corbin and Corbin could not move it on North. But 3 first half turnovers absolutely killed the Jags. Last year, at the end of the 1st half, Corbin led South 3-0. Then both teams exploded for a lot of points in the 2nd half. The difference this year, is I don't think South can explode on the ground like they did in their comeback against Williamsburg. I also think Corbin comes out even more fired up because South is one of the few teams in the area who actually put together a nice win streak against the Hounds for a few seasons.

 

In the past, South was able to put up big points with their high powered air attack. Being a ground attack plays much more into Corbin's hands. Vaughn is a very good back, but Corbin is the best team South will have played this season IMHO. I think Corbin by 3+ scores, but hope I am wrong.

 

Corbin 45

SL 10

BUT, ... if it weren't for the turnovers, that very well may have been a very close game. Early on, North moved the ball on Corbin and Corbin could not move it on North. But 3 first half turnovers absolutely killed the Jags. Last year, at the end of the 1st half, Corbin led South 3-0. Then both teams exploded for a lot of points in the 2nd half. The difference this year, is I don't think South can explode on the ground like they did in their comeback against Williamsburg. I also think Corbin comes out even more fired up because South is one of the few teams in the area who actually put together a nice win streak against the Hounds for a few seasons.

 

In the past, South was able to put up big points with their high powered air attack. Being a ground attack plays much more into Corbin's hands. Vaughn is a very good back, but Corbin is the best team South will have played this season IMHO. I think Corbin by 3+ scores, but hope I am wrong.

 

Corbin 45

SL 10

 

 

But turnovers is part of football and you know what they say........

 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas"........

But turnovers is part of football and you know what they say........

 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas"........

:thumb:

But turnovers is part of football and you know what they say........

 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas"........

 

That is true. But North did move the ball on Corbin. This was the first game that North has had turnover issues. Unfortunately for the Cardinals, they have turned it over all season and against any team, .... especially Corbin, you just can't do that.

 

I just think that Corbin will be too much for South. They hit hard (as always), they play solid defense, and they have a tandem of backs better than anyone South has seen so far. Corbin is for real and I just hope that South can keep from turning the ball over, keep it close, and give themselves a chance to pull it out at the end. While my heart says it can happen, my head says it doesn't.

Its hard to go against the hounds when you have backs such as Matthew Taylor, Caleb Watkins and a healthy Ryan Fritts. Also, Roman Mitchell is stepping up and making the big plays at quarterback. The Hounds 'D' is good as always.

Its hard to go against the hounds when you have backs such as Matthew Taylor, Caleb Watkins and a healthy Ryan Fritts. Also, Roman Mitchell is stepping up and making the big plays at quarterback. The Hounds 'D' is good as always.

 

That is a very good running tandem, and when you throw in an ever improving Mitchell at QB, by the end of the season, this Corbin team will be hard to handle. Fritz definitely looked healthy, making sharp cuts and making defenders miss. Taylor was the POG on Friday IMHO. He made several big plays. The first down on the fake punt, the fumble recovery on a bad snap that kept the possession with Corbin, etc. He made big plays when his team needed them.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.