New Touchdown King

Drew Brees had an amazing game last night. He went 29/30 for 307 yards and 4 TDs.

He now has 540 touchdowns, breaking Manning's record of 539, but Tom Brady is right on his heels with 538.

Brees also set a record for best game in regards to completion percentage last night, breaking a record set by Philip Rivers last year.

Saints won 34-7 over the Colts.

Edited by MJAlltheWay24

I am sure many will rank him 3rd or maybe even 4th in this era of the NFL but I've consistently thought and will double down that to me, Drew Brees is #1.

I've loved watching him over the years. I hope he has another year or two left in the tank. Selfishly not ready for him to hang it up.

Really cool. Going 29-30 is just stupid.

I still do not know what to make of records in general these days. The rules are set up now where QBs and WRs have the least degree of difficulty at any point of their careers. You can only judge players against their era-contemporaries and Brees has done some major work.

Really cool. Going 29-30 is just stupid.

I still do not know what to make of records in general these days. The rules are set up now where QBs and WRs have the least degree of difficulty at any point of their careers. You can only judge players against their era-contemporaries and Brees has done some major work.

It sure helps too when you have a guy like Michael Thomas. Dude is nuts and catches everything. He had a great one handed catch last night.

It sure helps too when you have a guy like Michael Thomas. Dude is nuts and catches everything. He had a great one handed catch last night.

It helps, but Michael Thomas has caught only 28 of the 541 TD passes Brees has thrown. Thomas was in the 3rd grade when Drew threw his first TD.

It helps, but Michael Thomas has caught only 28 of the 541 TD passes Brees has thrown. Thomas was in the 3rd grade when Drew threw his first TD.

Oh for sure, I was more referring to the fact that Brees went 29/30 last night. Thomas does not drop passes thrown to him. His catch to target percentage has to be one of the best in the game.