Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Touchdown King

Featured Replies

Drew Brees had an amazing game last night. He went 29/30 for 307 yards and 4 TDs.

 

He now has 540 touchdowns, breaking Manning's record of 539, but Tom Brady is right on his heels with 538.

 

Brees also set a record for best game in regards to completion percentage last night, breaking a record set by Philip Rivers last year.

 

Saints won 34-7 over the Colts.

Edited by MJAlltheWay24

  • Author

I am sure many will rank him 3rd or maybe even 4th in this era of the NFL but I've consistently thought and will double down that to me, Drew Brees is #1.

 

I've loved watching him over the years. I hope he has another year or two left in the tank. Selfishly not ready for him to hang it up.

Brady isn't throwing 102 more TD passes, and Brees has quite a few left in him.

  • Author
Brady isn't throwing 102 more TD passes, and Brees has quite a few left in him.

 

My bad @TheDeuce, I had a typo. Brady is sitting 2 behind him with 538.

My bad @TheDeuce, I had a typo. Brady is sitting 2 behind him with 538.

 

Gotcha. I'll admit, I was a little surprised at that gap. :lol2:

Here's what I keep seeing.

 

541 Brees

539 Manning

538 Brady

508 Favre

Took Brees 7 more games than Manning and at least 10 games quicker than Brady.

Really cool. Going 29-30 is just stupid.

 

I still do not know what to make of records in general these days. The rules are set up now where QBs and WRs have the least degree of difficulty at any point of their careers. You can only judge players against their era-contemporaries and Brees has done some major work.

  • Author
Really cool. Going 29-30 is just stupid.

 

I still do not know what to make of records in general these days. The rules are set up now where QBs and WRs have the least degree of difficulty at any point of their careers. You can only judge players against their era-contemporaries and Brees has done some major work.

 

It sure helps too when you have a guy like Michael Thomas. Dude is nuts and catches everything. He had a great one handed catch last night.

It sure helps too when you have a guy like Michael Thomas. Dude is nuts and catches everything. He had a great one handed catch last night.

 

It helps, but Michael Thomas has caught only 28 of the 541 TD passes Brees has thrown. Thomas was in the 3rd grade when Drew threw his first TD.

Took Brees 7 more games than Manning and at least 10 games quicker than Brady.

If it is only 10 games, that is impressive on Brady's end when you consider Brees plays a minimum of nine games indoors each season.

If it is only 10 games, that is impressive on Brady's end when you consider Brees plays a minimum of nine games indoors each season.

 

Good point and same for Manning.

  • Author
It helps, but Michael Thomas has caught only 28 of the 541 TD passes Brees has thrown. Thomas was in the 3rd grade when Drew threw his first TD.

 

Oh for sure, I was more referring to the fact that Brees went 29/30 last night. Thomas does not drop passes thrown to him. His catch to target percentage has to be one of the best in the game.

Oh for sure, I was more referring to the fact that Brees went 29/30 last night. Thomas does not drop passes thrown to him. His catch to target percentage has to be one of the best in the game.

 

Thomas was targeted 12 times in this game and had 12 catches.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.