How good is Holmes?

Walter

Don't follow baseball as closely but was on the KHSAA website and noticed the "Bat-Dogs" are off to a 5-1 start and own an 8-2 win over Conner.

I know they have some kids that have been playing varsity for 4 years like Tommy Courtney and Jesse Jenson but has anyone seen them to tell me just good they really are or what other players contribute?

Jesse and Tommy playing for a CovCath, Ryle, Dixie or such type team the last couple of years would have been much more of a household HS baseball name. They are both very good but in the past it has been them and pretty much nothing else. If you look at some of the past CovCath vs Holmes Disttict games threads, I have been talking about both young men and how good they are. Listen to the archives of last years CovCath vs. Holmes District game on CovCath Internet Radio to see how much I thought of both!.

Don't follow baseball as closely but was on the KHSAA website and noticed the "Bat-Dogs" are off to a 5-1 start and own an 8-2 win over Conner.

I know they have some kids that have been playing varsity for 4 years like Tommy Courtney and Jesse Jenson but has anyone seen them to tell me just good they really are or what other players contribute?

I could be wrong but I heard Conner won this game 8-2 even though I did see the website listing Holmes the winner.

I see Jensen is now in the outfield. Who did they move to catcher?

Courtney is now catching when not pitching. I just hope that his arm holds out through the season. Against Whitesville, he look tired and the velocity was not there. Whitesville hit him pretty good.