George Will trashes Huckabee, Gingrich

Somewhere this past week Huckabee was on TV trying to clarify what he said, as this article mentioned, he said he was thinking Indonesia. BUT, I thought he said Kenya once, not 4 or 5 times!

A day after I watched that on TV, he made another comment, that clearly shows these are not "mistakes". Why do candidates always seem to put their foot in their mouths, and instead of taking it out, they shove it in even further?

This incident that Will refers to of Huckabee's really diminished my opinion of him. I had once thought that he would be a republican that I could support, but now I would say that only in comparison to some.

I have always thought Huckabee was a slime ball.

This incident that Will refers to of Huckabee's really diminished my opinion of him. I had once thought that he would be a republican that I could support, but now I would say that only in comparison to some.

While I don't agree with Huckabee on a lot of things, I've always appreciated his amiable approach to politics. This is a strange departure.

Why is Huckabee going down this road? Does this mean he's running for president and is trying to keep up with the rest of the field? Something else?

While I don't agree with Huckabee on a lot of things, I've always appreciated his amiable approach to politics. This is a strange departure.

Why is Huckabee going down this road? Does this mean he's running for president and is trying to keep up with the rest of the field? Something else?

It is very much a departure from his usual path. Surely he knows about the "birther" conspiracy theorists and the language that he used in that interview will only add fuel to their irrational fire. His "misspoken" words were really, really, really unfortunate if they were, in fact, misspoken.

Huck compounded the problem by saying that of course he meant to say "Indonesia" which proved by pointing out that he said it multiple times in his book.

Did he? I read that Indonesia is never mentioned in his book.

It is very much a departure from his usual path. Surely he knows about the "birther" conspiracy theorists and the language that he used in that interview will only add fuel to their irrational fire. His "misspoken" words were really, really, really unfortunate if they were, in fact, misspoken.

He said he misspoke by saying Kenya instead of Indonesia. But his main point both times was that Obama wasn't raised in the US (which isn't true) and thus does not share traditional American experiences or worldview. He's firmly put himself in the "Obama is unAmerican" camp.

He said he misspoke by saying Kenya instead of Indonesia. But his main point both times was that Obama wasn't raised in the US (which isn't true) and thus does not share traditional American experiences or worldview. He's firmly put himself in the "Obama is unAmerican" camp.

That's true and probably the more important part of the argument. Obama did live in Indonesia for 5 of his first 18 years, but I don't know why those 5 are more important to Huckabee than the other 13.