Lafayette 30 Boyle County 6

KYSPORTSFAN

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyle Co. just doesn't have the size they used to. I was shocked when I saw how small they were tonight. Boyle also lacks speed. They had no chance of getting the corner tonight. Lafayette dominated both sides of the ball. I don't know what Boyle's strength and conditioning program is like, but they got pushed around and looked gassed. This year's Boyle team has no one that remotely resembles the Quinn's, Leffew's, Tamme's, Duggins', Overtstreet's and others of years past. Boyle needs to downgrade the schedule for a couple of years till they get things straightened out. The psychological boost from winning will be immense.

Maybe they should call Jodi Hamilton to come in and finish out the year. :scared:

Its about Jimmy and Joes not x's and O's

I am not close to the program, but I would say that Coach Smith knew what the talent pool was going to be like when he left. Coach Perdue is a good coach but when he took over the program, the only direction the program could go was down.

Perry has an injured shoulder is what they said on the radio. I'm not sure how serious.

Boyle is a victim of their schedule. Last year's excuse was lack of leadership and disarray in every possible place from the team, to the parents, to the community. I know it's cliche, but they are probably the best 0-4 team in the state. Losing will hurt any team, but this team is still comprised of mostly juniors and sophomores and things will definitely be looking up in the future. I just hope Pardue is around to bring Boyle back to greatness. I still feel he deserves the opportunity to coach at least 2-3 more years. I know this thread is supposed to be about the game, but I felt a need to respond. Beat up on Boyle now, they will return.

Lafayette was just the superior team tonight. Boyles qb had a sling on at the end of the game. Any details? Also Logan Bunch is a really good qb. Imagine how great Danville would be if he had stayed!!!

Perry's (Boyle QB) mom was told he may have a fractured collarbone.