Lafayette 30 Boyle County 6

KYSPORTSFAN

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much being posted on here about the game. I assume the score is self explanatory. I was told by someone who is a pretty good judge of the matter that Boyle would not win a game until October. As much as I hated that thought it's looking closer to reality.

One could argue that a few plays different might have led to another outcome in Bowling Green or Danville or that one play might have been the difference with Henry Clay but after this one there is little doubt that this team has serious talent issues. It's early in the season but 0-4 is almost halfway through.

Maybe they should call Jodi Hamilton to come in and finish out the year.

Its about Jimmy and Joes not x's and O's

I am not close to the program, but I would say that Coach Smith knew what the talent pool was going to be like when he left. Coach Perdue is a good coach but when he took over the program, the only direction the program could go was down.

In my opinion the talent is in the sophmore and freshmen classes, we have just yet to see it.

Maybe they should call Jodi Hamilton to come in and finish out the year.

Its about Jimmy and Joes not x's and O's

I am not close to the program, but I would say that Coach Smith knew what the talent pool was going to be like when he left. Coach Perdue is a good coach but when he took over the program, the only direction the program could go was down.

In my opinion the talent is in the sophmore and freshmen classes, we have just yet to see it.

I have heard good things about those two classes. However that's all I heard last year as well. The sophomores were the waves of the future. Well, some have moved or aren't playing and the ones who are aren't producing.

It's too early to throw in the towel but as someone else has posted they have a losing record for the last year and a half now. The schedule is brutal but Henry Clay has been on that schedule since 2001 and it's not like they played out of district cupcakes those years (2000 to 2004).

For those who were at the game how did it look? What were the positives and negatives? Is Bryce Perry hurt badly?

I remember last year that everyone was saying how good this sophomore class is talent-wise. Everyone said "just wait till next year where they are a year older". Well, the juniors now are not producing. They are not playing like they should, and it makes me think its more than just a talent level issue. Everyone needs to step it up and play with more heart and desire.

Lafayette should have tried an onside kick, and tried to put 7 more on Boyle

I am curious as to this post. I really don't think that it is Lafayette's style to do that, however, Boyle scored 29 points in the 4th quarter on Henry Clay. Do you want Lafayette to relax? Lafayette subbed in the 4th quarter.

I am curious as to this post. I really don't think that it is Lafayette's style to do that, however, Boyle scored 29 points in the 4th quarter on Henry Clay. Do you want Lafayette to relax? Lafayette subbed in the 4th quarter.

Back in the glory days at Boyle they had a nasty habit of kicking onside kicks when the game was well in hand, big leads running clocks, just wanted them to see what that feels like.

Back in the glory days at Boyle they had a nasty habit of kicking onside kicks when the game was well in hand, big leads running clocks, just wanted them to see what that feels like.

Looks like someone holds a grudge. Listen, Boyle did that alot so that the whole second half clock would run, and at the same time practice an important play that could change a game. Heck, either Boyle could have taken that 41 point lead into half time and then came out with starters in the second half.....or take the running clock with 2nd stringers in. Seems better for both teams IMO

Looks like someone holds a grudge. Listen, Boyle did that alot so that the whole second half clock would run, and at the same time practice an important play that could change a game. Heck, either Boyle could have taken that 41 point lead into half time and then came out with starters in the second half.....or take the running clock with 2nd stringers in. Seems better for both teams IMO
They could have praticed such an important play Monday to Thursdsay. IMO, it was done for an entirely different reason.