My Nephew's Budding Football Career

Birdsfan

This past Saturday, my nephew scored his first ever touchdown in his first ever football game! He's 9 years old and plays in the new youth football league in Walton, switching back and forth between QB and halfback.

On a 4th and 1, he swept around the end and charged 60 yards for the score! He was so proud when he called to give us the news. He especially wanted us to tell my brother (his other uncle) that he couldn't tease him anymore about him playing soccer. You see, my nephew hates soccer. I think he's been well indoctrinated by his football-fanatic family. ;)

Anyway, it looks like the Bearcats have a star rising in the ranks. Hopefully, by the time he's ready to play, WV will have a first-rate varsity team developed.

I know this is a little like watching someone's home movies; but I just couldn't help bragging on him a little. :thumb:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't going to say this originally, because I didn't want to make anybody mad.

This past Thanksgiving, when I asked him (jokingly) if he was going to play soccer, he looked me right in the eye and said, "I hate soccer! Soccer's for girls!"

Atta boy. ;)

I just got a report that my nephew scored two more TD's in the first half of this week's game! So he had the team's only score last week and only scores this week. Oh, and by the way, he's a Lorenzon look-a-like. Although, he isn't "hefty", nor a "lefty." ;)

Birdie, tell him great job from an Alabama Football nut. Keep us posted on him. (I might want some film later):ylsuper:

Thanks Larry! I might have some pictures to post later today.

My brother just reported that our team one. My neph scored all three TD's and tallied a monster sack playing LB on defense. Somebody call in the scouts! ;)

I split this thread off from the soccer debate that erupted in the original thread. I didn't mean for that to happen there, and I hope we can keep that debate over there in the other thread. :thumb:

Here is a picture of our little guy (#17) scoring one of his touchdown's today. Check out what's going on over there on the left. Would that be considered "holding?" :D

Garret Fball 1.jpg