My Nephew's Budding Football Career

Birdsfan

Ain't kids grand!!!!! Not only is he a good football player but he's good looking also...must run in the family;) There is nothing grander than an Uncle who loves his nephew and wants to brag about it also.......and that's coming from a very proud Aunt:thumb: :thumb:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I split this thread off from the soccer debate that erupted in the original thread. I didn't mean for that to happen there, and I hope we can keep that debate over there in the other thread. :thumb:

Here is a picture of our little guy (#17) scoring one of his touchdown's today. Check out what's going on over there on the left. Would that be considered "holding?" :D

:thumb: Excellent pics.

Nice pictures Birdsfan. Are you sure he won't move into the Highlands district in the next few years? :D :D How many siblings do you have by the way?
Not sure about the move, since they built their house and horse farm out there from scratch. But I know his daddy (HHS '77) would like nothing more!

How many siblings do I have? Two older brothers.

• 2 weeks later...
Believe me, it's a point of much discussion.

He even said it at one point the other day. :sssh:

Well, apparently I got myself in trouble with the Walton-Verona crowd with this remark. Truth is, I'll be happy if he plays at either school! I'm sure his folks feel the same way. Shoot, by the time he's ready to play, WVHS might just be another football powerhouse.

Oh, and our boy had three more TD's today! :ylsuper:

Well, apparently I got myself in trouble with the Walton-Verona crowd with this remark. Truth is, I'll be happy if he plays at either school! I'm sure his folks feel the same way. Shoot, by the time he's ready to play, WVHS might just be another football powerhouse.

Birdsfan, keep up the good work. The Walton crowd is just happy someone is taking notice to their new football program. It will be a long road to travel to be a good program. One thing is for sure they have a very nice facility. No matter what blue and white your nephew wears in the future, your brother has made these kids a lot better, by coaching them both in Football and

Baseball.

Birdsfan, keep up the good work. The Walton crowd is just happy someone is taking notice to their new football program. It will be a long road to travel to be a good program. One thing is for sure they have a very nice facility. No matter what blue and white your nephew wears in the future, your brother has made these kids a lot better, by coaching them both in Football and

Baseball.

Thanks so much! I really didn't mean to say anything remotely against the fine program at Walton-Verona. It was just me spoutin' off and being silly.

The important thing is that they've begun a feeder system in which the boys will learn what it means and what it takes to play "Walton-Verona Football" from day one.

I can't wait to see a varsity game at the new field -- it is awesome!

Baseball.

One of the guys I works with has two kids that play in WV. One I think is on this team, and the other plays on the JV team I think. I know it is just the second year for him and next year I think they start varsity high school play. Can not recall what he said for sure.

I do know he is on me constantly to come take pictures of his older kid.

The field looks real nice, he mentioned the track was just installed the other week too.

Do they have lights ? And what do the stands look like etc? If I wasn't so pressed for time I would think about checking it out.

They will start varsity in 2009. They do not have lights, but they are in the future plans. The turf is the same turf that is at Paul Brown Stadium. It is a beautiful field.

This past Saturday, my nephew scored his first ever touchdown in his first ever football game! He's 9 years old and plays in the new youth football league in Walton, switching back and forth between QB and halfback.

On a 4th and 1, he swept around the end and charged 60 yards for the score! He was so proud when he called to give us the news. He especially wanted us to tell my brother (his other uncle) that he couldn't tease him anymore about him playing soccer. You see, my nephew hates soccer. I think he's been well indoctrinated by his football-fanatic family. ;)

Anyway, it looks like the Bearcats have a star rising in the ranks. Hopefully, by the time he's ready to play, WV will have a first-rate varsity team developed.

I know this is a little like watching someone's home movies; but I just couldn't help bragging on him a little. :thumb:

That is awesome, love reading stories like that. I remember when my son took off on his first TD run, nothing that gets you more pumped.

Congrats to your Nephew!!!