Flagrant Fouls from HS game Washington state.

Did anyone see this video?

There was a Yahoo! sports article that quoted the players' coach as defending one of the players, calling the video unfair. When you're kids are fouling like that...I don't see the video documentation of their unsportsmanlike conduct as any kind of unfair.

Link to the article.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixed link.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw no case for #6 at all. They may have thought that was a hard foul due to the actions of that player early on, but I think that was just garden variety. I thought #2 wasn't all that bad. Like Clyde said, intentional because of the way he grabbed him but not a flagrant foul. The rest are pretty spot on. It sure looked like #34 was in there to be a goon. His smiling after the fact on the worst looking one didn't help.

Foul #2 wasn't all that rough. On foul #6, Eagles #34 got his own man worse than the opponent. I noticed a reference to "State Wrestling Champions" under one of the baskets. Perhaps there was some confusion as to which sport was being played.

My guess is the kid is a lineman for the football team (and probably an interior lineman, at that) and hasn't been taught (or isn't able execute) any proper technique for playing the post in basketball. Looks like he's got all of about a 4-6" vertical, and is just sticking his arms out the way a DT might when a QB is throwing a pass or when a RB is coming through the line.

Well, either #34 is just a big fat jerk or the most uncoordinated highschool basketball player I've seen to date...I give serious kudos to the other team for not retaliating, because my highschool self probably would have.

Which, the way things seem to work, would have gotten YOU T'd up and likely ejected.

Well, either #34 is just a big fat jerk or the most uncoordinated highschool basketball player I've seen to date...I give serious kudos to the other team for not retaliating, because my highschool self probably would have.

According to the article, he's a teddy bear.

...you and me both.

Which, the way things seem to work, would have gotten YOU T'd up and likely ejected.

Yep.

After some serious thought, I can reach one and only one inescapable conclusion.

He has naked pictures of the officials.