Flagrant Fouls from HS game Washington state.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Foul #2 wasn't all that rough. On foul #6, Eagles #34 got his own man worse than the opponent. I noticed a reference to "State Wrestling Champions" under one of the baskets. Perhaps there was some confusion as to which sport was being played.

Hey, isn't that the school from the movie "Vision Quest"?

While I agree that many of those fouls are extremely aggressive, I think that many of you have completely crossed the line in this thread. Calling the kid a "goon", saying that he belongs on jail, claiming that he has no home life? Really? It's always mentioned on here that we shouldn't attack high schools kids and yet that is the majority of this thread. Just because he isn't from KY doesn't mean he should be abused on this site.

The real problem here is how absolutely poor the officiating of this game is. Officials are in place to ensure that this type of behavior doesn't happen on the court. They could have put a stop to this extremely aggressive, possibly even malicious behavior. So many of you would be quick not to rush to judgement on the kid if he played at your high school, I see people do it all the time on here.

I will give kudos to the maroon team as well.

*My comments are not directly towards everyone here.

While I agree that many of those fouls are extremely aggressive, I think that many of you have completely crossed the line in this thread. Calling the kid a "goon", saying that he belongs on jail, claiming that he has no home life? Really? It's always mentioned on here that we shouldn't attack high schools kids and yet that is the majority of this thread. Just because he isn't from KY doesn't mean he should be abused on this site.

The real problem here is how absolutely poor the officiating of this game is. Officials are in place to ensure that this type of behavior doesn't happen on the court. They could have put a stop to this extremely aggressive, possibly even malicious behavior. So many of you would be quick not to rush to judgement on the kid if he played at your high school, I see people do it all the time on here.

I will give kudos to the maroon team as well.

You have a point but this kid is clearly out of line and I would probably imagine he is an adult at this point.

The officials looked like they were even intimidated by the kid. Very weak and they should be reprimanded and demoted to Jr High games.

The real problem here is how absolutely poor the officiating of this game is. Officials are in place to ensure that this type of behavior doesn't happen on the court. They could have put a stop to this extremely aggressive, possibly even malicious behavior.

The officials looked like they were even intimidated by the kid. Very weak and they should be reprimanded and demoted to Jr High games.

Poor officiating, league-wide, was the purpose for the video being mad in the first place.

From the article:

"Michael Christenson decided to film a game between Connell and Highland (Wash.) High to prove to parents at Highland that the basketball league needed better officials."

The real problem here is how absolutely poor the officiating of this game is. Officials are in place to ensure that this type of behavior doesn't happen on the court. They could have put a stop to this extremely aggressive, possibly even malicious behavior. So many of you would be quick not to rush to judgement on the kid if he played at your high school, I see people do it all the time on here.I will give kudos to the maroon team as well.

I for one would NOT hesitate to "bash" a player if this was "my" team. If we can extend praise to high schoolers when praise is due, I have no problem leveling criticism as well (when it's called for), it's not a one-way street.