Christmas

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No kidding. He was one of a kind. There will never be another. Sadly, I take my BGP family for granted often, and I shouldn't.

Roll Tide.

Don't fret. You'll see me soon. Going to make an appointment here in the next few weeks. :D

AL, BF and PH...BGP has lost some of the best of the best. But you know PH is loving another run by his beloved Purples to another state final. AL is smiling ear to ear with the success of Male and Bama and BF currently developing his 100th squirrel proof bird feeder. And every Friday night they probably are keeping an eye on what we are up to.

So, I have struggled with the Christmas spirit the last few years since my dad died. This year is the first year I've put up a tree since he passed away. And, of course, there's a story.

I was unpacking this weekend, and somehow got all in the Christmas spirit, so I decide to go buy a tree. The last tree I bought was a 6' artificial from K-Mart that was missing a huge branch, and I got it for $35. I just put the hole toward the wall. Well, that tree has gone missing. So, I decide I'll go to Lowes, because I need a ladder and a few other things. So, I'm looking at the trees, about sick at my stomach as I see the prices. I decide I need a BIG tree. My ceilings are 10', so I need a BIG tree. I decide to buy a pre-lit 7.5' tree. The quandry...I can't get it to the register. So, I find someone who can help me get it up on my basket (buggy for those of you who prefer). I wheel my tree carefully to the register...counting myself accomplished because I didn't knock anything off any shelves or knock any people over.

I get it out to my car, fold down the seats in the car, open the trunk and guide the tree in. Ooops! That didn't work. It's too big to go through the opening from the trunk into the passenger compartment. So, I drag it out of the car and am trying to wrangle it through the back doors of the car to put it on the back seat. I must have looked a sight. I caught several people staring and then when they realized they were busted, they hurridly move along. Finally, one guy takes pity and asks if he can help me. Well, by that time I had just about gotten it into the car, so I thanked him and told him I was good.

I get it home and assembled and start decorating it, and I realize I can't reach the top. And I realize I didn't buy my ladder. And I don't have nearly enough ornaments to do this tree justice. I see another trip to Lowes in my future. :lol2:

So, I have struggled with the Christmas spirit the last few years since my dad died. This year is the first year I've put up a tree since he passed away. And, of course, there's a story.

I was unpacking this weekend, and somehow got all in the Christmas spirit, so I decide to go buy a tree. The last tree I bought was a 6' artificial from K-Mart that was missing a huge branch, and I got it for $35. I just put the hole toward the wall. Well, that tree has gone missing. So, I decide I'll go to Lowes, because I need a ladder and a few other things. So, I'm looking at the trees, about sick at my stomach as I see the prices. I decide I need a BIG tree. My ceilings are 10', so I need a BIG tree. I decide to buy a pre-lit 7.5' tree. The quandry...I can't get it to the register. So, I find someone who can help me get it up on my basket (buggy for those of you who prefer). I wheel my tree carefully to the register...counting myself accomplished because I didn't knock anything off any shelves or knock any people over.

I get it out to my car, fold down the seats in the car, open the trunk and guide the tree in. Ooops! That didn't work. It's too big to go through the opening from the trunk into the passenger compartment. So, I drag it out of the car and am trying to wrangle it through the back doors of the car to put it on the back seat. I must have looked a sight. I caught several people staring and then when they realized they were busted, they hurridly move along. Finally, one guy takes pity and asks if he can help me. Well, by that time I had just about gotten it into the car, so I thanked him and told him I was good.

I get it home and assembled and start decorating it, and I realize I can't reach the top. And I realize I didn't buy my ladder. And I don't have nearly enough ornaments to do this tree justice. I see another trip to Lowes in my future. :lol2:

Loved the story! Have a very Merry Christmas!

The last few years my sister & I have made our own Christmas wreaths at the local extension office. So last night was the night. Now you have to know this much about me-I am NOT the most 'crafty' person you'll ever meet nor have I ever been. I'd rather be doing something else but hey it's that time of year so....I had a blast! There were several people there that I knew. A good friend that I haven't seen for a couple of years. Christmas carols played in the background. FYI-my wreath turned out beautifully so I did the 'hanging of the greens' last night. My first Christmas decoration is up!:banana: