Holy Cross 42 Brossart 38

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uebel and Ryan both played good games in my opinion. Both tried to get involved in the offense but were being focused on and pressured heavily but managed not to force the issue and hurt their team. Both played hard the whole game and played great defense on each other.

HC will win quite a few JV games if they stick with that lineup too. Due to their overall team youth, their Varsity 6, 7, 8 and I believe 9 men all started and played the JV game. Certainly nothing wrong with that, but it does give you an advantage against most teams. Brossart JV will get a boost with the pending return of one of their starters and scorers, whose been out all season with a badly sprained ankle. FYI, they lost another tough one to LaSalle JV this afternoon 41-37!!

Were u at the game BG? If so is it true Junior guard Niemeyer scored 17 today against Lasalle?!

Looks like the lost one game on the year without one of their starters.

Sorry, this is not meant to belittle Holy Cross' victory, they obviously earned it, and congratulations to the Indians.

Unless Mutsch has become a heck of a three point shooter than I don't think he would have changed the complexion of this game too much. Cooper received about 90% of his touches 10 feet or further from the basket.

Unless Mutsch has become a heck of a three point shooter than I don't think he would have changed the complexion of this game too much. Cooper received about 90% of his touches 10 feet or further from the basket.

I admit I was not present for the game, but wouldn't it make sense that two big bodies compared to one would neutralize Scruggs if he was what got to Cooper in this game?

This is very impressive to me. Especially that they won by 15.

The score of the JV Game was 41-32 - Nine Points.

Bryan Niemeyer did lead the Mustangs JV with 17 points today as the Mustangs battled valiantly but came up short 37-41.

I admit I was not present for the game, but wouldn't it make sense that two big bodies compared to one would neutralize Scruggs if he was what got to Cooper in this game?

Yea except for the fact that Lubbers played a heck of a game and is as big as Mutsch, and Steenken was able to eliminate him underneath offensively.

Yea except for the fact that Lubbers played a heck of a game and is as big as Mutsch, and Steenken was able to eliminate him underneath offensively.

Holy Cross did a great job taking away the Mustangs inside game - a major factor in their winning the game. That and the fact that the 9th Region officials tended to be unsympathetic to our big men's efforts versus heavy contact in the paint. Coop only shot two free-throws in the contest.

Maybe we will meet up again down the road - How about the All "A" State Finals????

Holy Cross did a great job taking away the Mustangs inside game - a major factor in their winning the game. That and the fact that the 9th Region officials tended to be unsympathetic to our big men's efforts versus heavy contact in the paint. Coop only shot two free-throws in the contest.

Maybe we will meet up again down the road - How about the All "A" State Finals????

I agree that Brossart received no calls underneath, but that was goin on on both ends of the court so my question is why wasn't Coop and Lubbs pushing back??!!

Have you seen Scruggs??? :cool:

Lol.... actually I have which brings me back to my original point. His physical play inside is intimidating and gets in peoples heads, which is exactly what i predicted would happen to Coop and is exactly what did happen. Also, I know for a fact Mutsch isn't more physical then Coop or Lubbers, so again unless his outside game has improved tremendously he doesn't change this game.

Lol.... actually I have which brings me back to my original point. His physical play inside is intimidating and gets in peoples heads, which is exactly what i predicted would happen to Coop and is exactly what did happen. Also, I know for a fact Mutsch isn't more physical then Coop or Lubbers, so again unless his outside game has improved tremendously he doesn't change this game.

You honestly don't think he could have had 2 baskets and a couple rebounds????