Why Do Some Adults Proudly Proclaim.....

Clyde

TT Clown. Have you ever stepped out of your shell to think how much more successful your businesses could be if you accepted technology? I'm not saying you need every new device, but you must be fairly open in today's society!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wjy are you changing the debate?

It is not a mutually exclusive issue.

I'm not changing anything. Your original post mentioned "people who run businesses". My point is that the lack of technical proficiency is not that big of a deal amongst us business owners (in general). We have more important things on our minds. I'm posting from the standpoint of a business owner, not from the standpoint of your population of customers in general.

I'm not changing anything. Your original post mentioned "people who run businesses". My point is that the lack of technical proficiency is not that big of a deal amongst us business owners (in general). We have more important things on our minds. I'm posting from the standpoint of a business owner, not from the standpoint of your population of customers in general.

I never claimed it was a requirement to be successful. You have made it into an "either or. "

TT Clown. Have you ever stepped out of your shell to think how much more successful your businesses could be if you accepted technology? I'm not saying you need every new device, but you must be fairly open in today's society!

Of course I embrace technology. I never said I didn't. My point (as previously stated in case you wanted to actually see it) is that I have others in my business who tend to those matters while I tend to the most important matters such as maintaining client relationships, etc. For what it's worth, I love technology, and I entrust those who work for me to embrace it and learn it.

I never claimed it was a requirement to be successful. You have made it into an "either or. "

I didn't make it an "either or". I am simply saying business owners have more important things to tend to while we entrust those who work for us to tend to other matters (technology being amongst them). That is why is isn't surprising at all to me that people who run businesses aren't as technically savvy as others. It is because we entrust others to tend to those matters. Geez...:cool:

I didn't make it an "either or". I am simply saying business owners have more important things to tend to while we entrust those who work for us to tend to other matters (technology being amongst them). That is why is isn't surprising at all to me that people who run businesses aren't as technically savvy as others. It is because we entrust others to tend to those matters. Geez...:cool:

Come on. Rhey have others text for them?

They do not use computers?

Do they not read email?

Many jobs require way too many hours . Those people can ANDdo perform 3rd grade technological feats on a daily basis and still do their jobs.

Of course I embrace technology. I never said I didn't. My point (as previously stated in case you wanted to actually see it) is that I have others in my business who tend to those matters while I tend to the most important matters such as maintaining client relationships, etc. For what it's worth, I love technology, and I entrust those who work for me to embrace it and learn it.

Sorry tt CLOWN if I misread your quote that spoke of your "love of technology". When you said "I couldn't care less..... repeat, couldn't care less if I understand the latest worthless gadget that's on the shelf. " I must have been too busy on a teleconference or texting my kids (another reason to embrace technology) to interpret your message. For the record, I too develop customer relationships in a $30MM territory while keeping up with current trends which often help me do my job more efficiently and productively. Have to go now, got to get in my car than board a plane. I'll tell Henry Ford and the Wright brothers how much you appreciate what they did.

I enjoy technology and the efficiency it brings. I really like hearing the latest and greatest trends. But I have to say I am not a fan of texting. There are times when I feel it has value but not nearly to the level I see people using it. My favorite text message is "Call me."

I have 3 older (18+) children. Text all the time with them. Great way to quickly communicate ie "don't forget to call and check in with your mom" , "don't forget (fill in the blank)"..... I actually text with a lot of people. Will be texting tonite giving and receiving updates.

For some reason, adults still associate texting with kids "OMG" texting. Yes, kids text a lot. It's how they communicate. However, your "call me" text is no different than me sending you an email saying "when you have time give me a call - nothing urgent." What's the problem with that?

Come on. Rhey have others text for them?

They do not use computers?

Do they not read email?

Many jobs require way too many hours . Those people can ANDdo perform 3rd grade technological feats on a daily basis and still do their jobs.

Dad's done all his record-keeping by longhand for 40 years (with mom's help in recent years scheduling appointments, etc.). He was also judge-executive in our home county for 8 years and he never used a computer the first time. Occasionally his assistant would print out important e-mails for him.

They barely use the cell phone I got for them, and the computer my brother and his wife passed down just sits there unused. They're just not interested, like a lot of people their age and older.

Dad's done all his record-keeping by longhand for 40 years (with mom's help in recent years scheduling appointments, etc.). He was also judge-executive in our home county for 8 years and he never used a computer the first time. Occasionally his assistant would print out important e-mails for him.

They barely use the cell phone I got for them, and the computer my brother and his wife passed down just sits there unused. They're just not interested, like a lot of people their age and older.

How old is your father?