Top 25 Players in the last past 25 years(1980-2005) in your region??

RMGS

BigStud, post by post I am amazed at how very little that you may actual know about anything at all about basketball and athletics in general.

I have never responded to anything on any subject that you have ever posted on, but I have read many many of your posts on various subjects in many various threads.Based on what I have read in the past, I will bet that if anyone said the world was round you would argue till the end of time that it is flat, just for the sake of an arguement.

You really dont have a clue as to anything that you are talking about regarding anything at all that has been posted in this thread. The more intellegent and scientific you want your posts to sound, the more and more you are embarrassing yourself to us that know better.

:laugh: Anyday of the week you want to talk basketball my man. You have no clue of my experience. I'm just tired of hearing from the older generation how much better they were. When in fact the game has totatly changed. For you to dispute that leaves me puzzled.

This post might have been one of the most funny posts ever. What makes your opinion any better than mine, except its what you want to hear. I guarntee you a majority of the people my age will have my opinion.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more intellegent and scientific you want your posts to sound, the more and more you are embarrassing yourself to us that know better.

I have no clue what this means. I didn't know basketball was scientific. Does knowledge hurt your brain? :D

I agree with you on Beal, but I picked a team of players who played more than 25 years ago. The players today are generally quicker and stronger, but there is no way that the newer players could shoot with us. We practiced shooting and not dunking and weight lifting. Only John Brannen and Scott Draud could shoot with the team I picked. My team also accomplished more. Cowens, needless to say, is on the top 50 who ever played the game list. Tieman started for 3 years for Louisville and played on a team that killed UK. He guarded West and Robertson (he will tell you without success). Barton and Draud were virtually the same player, but Barton went on to play major league baseball for many years. John Turner played for the Chicago Bulls after starting for a Louisville team that went to the final four (along with Tieman). George Stone was a very good player in the ABA.

Jack Thobe was a star at Xavier and had Redmond not been drafted, he would have been a great player for Eastern.

The defensive intensity is much better today and the players are quicker, but not enough to make up for the fact that they don't shoot well. The benches are much deeper today as the second teams are made up of future players rather than football players who were used to play "toughen up" the first team.

This is a phenomena of our region. It can't be explained in terms of logic and/ or generalities, but the players I picked were better and I inadvertently left Larry Staverman off my team who used to guard Pettit and Baylor on ocassion when he played for the Royals. It does not necessarily hold true in other parts of the state and country. In fact the reverse is probably true in most areas with the newer players being better.

Dick Maile would have been on my list had I picked 15 players. He is another example of outside shooting. I think Dick is still in the top 10 scorers of all time at LSU. He could flat out shoot. You are also correct about comparing players who went to lower level d-1 or d-2 schools with the list I submitted. Big Stud goes from the specific to the whole when comparing speed. Because Beal was very fast does not make others fast. Schloemer was flat told by top teams that he was a tweener and that proved correct when he signed at UC, yet he was one of the very best of the players on the recent top 25 list. Citing speed as the saving grace of today's Northern Kentucky players is dangerous. We are not famous for producing quick players in any era.Neither are we famous for producing tall players, but my team towers over the more recent picks with Cowens at 6' 9" and Thobe at 6' 8" and Staverman and Stone at 6' 7". Maile and Turner were 6' 4 and Crigler was tall enough to foul out Elgin Baylor who could play some. Crigler, of course ,started on a National Championship team.

Dick Maile would have been on my list had I picked 15 players. He is another example of outside shooting. I think Dick is still in the top 10 scorers of all time at LSU. He could flat out shoot. You are also correct about comparing players who went to lower level d-1 or d-2 schools with the list I submitted. Big Stud goes from the specific to the whole when comparing speed. Because Beal was very fast does not make others fast. Schloemer was flat told by top teams that he was a tweener and that proved correct when he signed at UC, yet he was one of the very best of the players on the recent top 25 list. Citing speed as the saving grace of today's Northern Kentucky players is dangerous. We are not famous for producing quick players in any era.Neither are we famous for producing tall players, but my team towers over the more recent picks with Cowens at 6' 9" and Thobe at 6' 8" and Staverman and Stone at 6' 7". Maile and Turner were 6' 4 and Crigler was tall enough to foul out Elgin Baylor who could play some. Crigler, of course ,started on a National Championship team.

I agree all great players . But I will give recent 9th region players some credit. There have been guards produced over the last few years and who will graduate in a couple years that are of very high quality.

:laugh: Anyday of the week you want to talk basketball my man. You have no clue of my experience. I'm just tired of hearing from the older generation how much better they were. When in fact the game has totatly changed. For you to dispute that leaves me puzzled.

This post might have been one of the most funny posts ever. What makes your opinion any better than mine, except its what you want to hear. I guarntee you a majority of the people my age will have my opinion.

For one thing you are 22 years old. That means your true comprehension of anything regarding basketball probably never started to develope until maybe 1995 or 1996. How much experience could a 22 year old KID have anyways?............I'll tell you what, since I have no idea of your experience and vast knowledge why dont you fill me in and brief me. Give me a little background as to where a 22 year old KID could acquire this vast reservoir of experience and knowledge in so short of a time, especially when it comes to talking about players that played either before you were born or played only a very short few years ago while you were still toddling around in Huggies.

Anything prior to whatever happened before that period of time means that you probably read from some of your daddy's old Sports Illustrated magazines or watched a little something on ESPN Classics. All KIDS your age that might share your opinion never saw a 6'4" Jerry West touch the top of the square or never saw Pete Maravich drain baskets from 30 feet out, never saw a 6'4" David Thompson touch the top of the backboard, never saw a 5'8" Calvin Murphy dominate a game, etc, etc, etc. Heck, you even talk as if you know everything about your own native son Dickie Beal. He played before you were even born, so how could you possibly make a comparison between him and anyone else? You even said that you considered him a modern day player. That is showing just how young that you really are, when you consider a guy modern that played before you were even born. So why would I take the word from a (or a bunch of) young knowitall, neverseenitbefore KIDS, when I saw them all myself ?

Again, I have seen enough of your previous posts to know that you would argue with a rock, so I know 100% that anything I type will probably not sink in, so, you just have a good day and watch a few more of those Classics from 15 years ago. That's all ancient history in your case. :rolleyes:

I will give you credit for knowing one thing though, the game has totally changed. But it's not because of the athletic ability of its participants, and trust me it is not better. You can ask John Wooden and he will tell you that same thing himself...........Oh, but I forgot you have probably have picked up more knowledge and experience in the last 5 years watching ESPN and "The Best Sports Show Period" than he knows and has acquired winning 10 NCAA titles................. My bad, I didn't take into consideration the intellectual giant that I was talking to. :thumb:

How do you put Holmes players and forget the greatest 9th region player ever Dicky Beal.

This is a tough list.

G- Dicky Beal - Holmes

G- Joe Harney - Holy Cross

F- Jack Jennings- Holmes

F- Derek Smith- Highlands

C- Doug Scholmer- Holmes

Bench

Scott Draud- Highlands

Todd Clark- Holy Cross

Ronny Dawn- NCC

Ross Neltner- Highlands

Mick Brock- SK

Justin Dolleman- Ryle

People are forgetting John Brannen from NewCath. He was the best player to go through those halls in the last 25 years.

Here are some of the better recent players from the 10th that stood out to me. I just picked one player from each team. If I couldn't think of any recent ones, then I went back in time a bit, but anyway here we go:

Bishop Brossart: Nathan Seiter: Put the team on his back in 2000, taking them all the way to the Elite Eight.

I believe you are thinking about his brother Justin Seiter. Nathan graduated in 1998. He would be in the top 25 no doubt in my opinion. All time leading scorer and asissts man at Brossart. Justin was also a very good player.

For one thing you are 22 years old. That means your true comprehension of anything regarding basketball probably never started to develope until maybe 1995 or 1996. How much experience could a 22 year old KID have anyways?............I'll tell you what, since I have no idea of your experience and vast knowledge why dont you fill me in and brief me. Give me a little background as to where a 22 year old KID could acquire this vast reservoir of experience and knowledge in so short of a time, especially when it comes to talking about players that played either before you were born or played only a very short few years ago while you were still toddling around in Huggies.

Anything prior to whatever happened before that period of time means that you probably read from some of your daddy's old Sports Illustrated magazines or watched a little something on ESPN Classics. All KIDS your age that might share your opinion never saw a 6'4" Jerry West touch the top of the square or never saw Pete Maravich drain baskets from 30 feet out, never saw a 6'4" David Thompson touch the top of the backboard, never saw a 5'8" Calvin Murphy dominate a game, etc, etc, etc. Heck, you even talk as if you know everything about your own native son Dickie Beal. He played before you were even born, so how could you possibly make a comparison between him and anyone else? You even said that you considered him a modern day player. That is showing just how young that you really are, when you consider a guy modern that played before you were even born. So why would I take the word from a (or a bunch of) young knowitall, neverseenitbefore KIDS, when I saw them all myself ?

Again, I have seen enough of your previous posts to know that you would argue with a rock, so I know 100% that anything I type will probably not sink in, so, you just have a good day and watch a few more of those Classics from 15 years ago. That's all ancient history in your case. :rolleyes:

I will give you credit for knowing one thing though, the game has totally changed. But it's not because of the athletic ability of its participants, and trust me it is not better. You can ask John Wooden and he will tell you that same thing himself...........Oh, but I forgot you have probably have picked up more knowledge and experience in the last 5 years watching ESPN and "The Best Sports Show Period" than he knows and has acquired winning 10 NCAA titles................. My bad, I didn't take into consideration the intellectual giant that I was talking to. :thumb:

I'm done with you. You honestly have no respect for anyone who doesn't hold your opinion. For me being a kid I sure am able to hold a much more mature conversation without having to go to name calling. But what ever floats your boat. I'm sure you were a stud in your hey day and still bask in the glow of your own glory. In no way shape or form can anyone who is a Kid ever be able to hold conversation with a man of such great knowledge. I have no clue what I was thinking to ever think me being a KID was ever thinking of trying to hold a conversation, because me being 22 disqualifies me from any conversation.

Your really offended by this. Tell you what I'll take Michael Jeffery Jordan any day of the week over anyone who came before him. I'll take Kevin Garnett over any PF and Shaq over any Center.

Honestly my opinion is not without any ideas to back it up. Basketball is not like baseball or some other sports. Basketball is a game based mostly on athletic ability. More often than not the more athletic person will win.

But dude you need some soul searching for my opinion to offend you this much is hilarious. If you don't like what I say deal with it.

LOL :thumb:

I'm done with you. You honestly have no respect for anyone who doesn't hold your opinion. For me being a kid I sure am able to hold a much more mature conversation without having to go to name calling. But what ever floats your boat. I'm sure you were a stud in your hey day and still bask in the glow of your own glory. In no way shape or form can anyone who is a Kid ever be able to hold conversation with a man of such great knowledge. I have no clue what I was thinking to ever think me being a KID was ever thinking of trying to hold a conversation, because me being 22 disqualifies me from any conversation.

Your really offended by this. Tell you what I'll take Michael Jeffery Jordan any day of the week over anyone who came before him. I'll take Kevin Garnett over any PF and Shaq over any Center.

Honestly my opinion is not without any ideas to back it up. Basketball is not like baseball or some other sports. Basketball is a game based mostly on athletic ability. More often than not the more athletic person will win.

But dude you need some soul searching for my opinion to offend you this much is hilarious. If you don't like what I say deal with it.

LOL :thumb:

After 3 full days of you pondering and thinking, and then dodging this thread some more,and then coming back, and then more time spent thinking and thinking and thinking of just one little bit of something to come back at me with, you still grasp for breath to come up with anything at all that contains just the slightest bit of substance, and still the efforts prove futile with your response. You must really be perplexed by now! :lol:

In response to your desperate attempt to discredit myself, I'll just say that it is not I that has exaulted my own feelings of myself with so much audaciousness to refer to myself as a "BigStud." You must really think highly of yourself. :D

I do find it very funny that you bring up Michael Jeffrey Jordan in an attempt to show that it takes real athletes to play the game of basketball and not baseball. Do you really realize what you just stated? The whole point that I have been trying to make all along is that you really dont think before you type. You really went the extra mile to prove my point on this one, and I really appreciate you doing so. :D I think that MR. HIS AIRNESS found out the hard way that he is not one of the chosen ones that is able to play the game of baseball. I think even HIS GREATNESS was humbled by the fact that he just wasn't good enough to play the game , even on the minor league level. If it was not due to the fact that the owner of the Bulls was not also the owner of the Birmingham Barons, he would never would have even gotten the chance to play at that high of a level. It is doubtful that he would have been successful in the Rookie or low Class A level. Lets face it , he was only a "carnival draw" to be placed with the Barons. I do appriciate the fact that Jordan was humble enough to admit that the guys that he played with were on a truely different level than he was. Too bad you are not either mature enough or knowledgeable enough to do the same. For your sake, I hope that in future arguements with others that you choose to argue with, that you research the validity of the ammunition that you fire back with, before you shoot it . You really shot blanks with this one. :lol:

And speaking of Jordan, with whom you are so much the expert on. I again refer back to a point that I made previously. I dont think that you have been able to watch Mr. Jordan throughout his entire career, have you? Is is not a fact that he played his entire college basketball career before you were even born? Again I refer back to the fact that even with such a very modern day player that you have to refer back to such forms of reference as ESPN Classic shows and daddy's old Sports Illustrated magazines to fully know what he was able to accomplish in his very recent career. You are still so young that you have missed out of watching 2/3's of the time that he spent on the court playing professional basketball, and still you want to discredit anything that I or anyone else views as an opinion as how different generations of athletes compare. :rolleyes: You are way out of your league here sonnyboy.

I will say that I personally think that Jordan is the best to ever play the game, but that certainly does not mean that his entire generation or this current generation is on an entirely different plateau than any of their predecessors. Most of them are very far from it.

I am still waiting for you to post your resume with cold hard facts as to how you are able to back up your claims as being a qualified, studied, self-procaimed expert. You talk and you talk and you talk about it, but you are yet to show any evidence.

I understand why you are through with me there Stud!!!!!!, but remember it was you that had to throw their obviously uninformed 2 cents into my comments in this thread :laugh:

Have a good day. And study hard!!!! :thumb:

The Seiter boys were very nice players and very good kids but neither would be in top 25 from the ninth region. I'm not as well versed in tenth region players and I think Brossart was 10th region when Justin played but probably still 9th will Nathan played.

They moved to the tenth Nathan's senior year. He was inducted into the HOF his first year on the ballot.

After 3 full days of you pondering and thinking, and then dodging this thread some more,and then coming back, and then more time spent thinking and thinking and thinking of just one little bit of something to come back at me with, you still grasp for breath to come up with anything at all that contains just the slightest bit of substance, and still the efforts prove futile with your response. You must really be perplexed by now! :lol:

In response to your desperate attempt to discredit myself, I'll just say that it is not I that has exaulted my own feelings of myself with so much audaciousness to refer to myself as a "BigStud." You must really think highly of yourself. :D

I do find it very funny that you bring up Michael Jeffrey Jordan in an attempt to show that it takes real athletes to play the game of basketball and not baseball. Do you really realize what you just stated? The whole point that I have been trying to make all along is that you really dont think before you type. You really went the extra mile to prove my point on this one, and I really appreciate you doing so. :D I think that MR. HIS AIRNESS found out the hard way that he is not one of the chosen ones that is able to play the game of baseball. I think even HIS GREATNESS was humbled by the fact that he just wasn't good enough to play the game , even on the minor league level. If it was not due to the fact that the owner of the Bulls was not also the owner of the Birmingham Barons, he would never would have even gotten the chance to play at that high of a level. It is doubtful that he would have been successful in the Rookie or low Class A level. Lets face it , he was only a "carnival draw" to be placed with the Barons. I do appriciate the fact that Jordan was humble enough to admit that the guys that he played with were on a truely different level than he was. Too bad you are not either mature enough or knowledgeable enough to do the same. For your sake, I hope that in future arguements with others that you choose to argue with, that you research the validity of the ammunition that you fire back with, before you shoot it . You really shot blanks with this one. :lol:

And speaking of Jordan, with whom you are so much the expert on. I again refer back to a point that I made previously. I dont think that you have been able to watch Mr. Jordan throughout his entire career, have you? Is is not a fact that he played his entire college basketball career before you were even born? Again I refer back to the fact that even with such a very modern day player that you have to refer back to such forms of reference as ESPN Classic shows and daddy's old Sports Illustrated magazines to fully know what he was able to accomplish in his very recent career. You are still so young that you have missed out of watching 2/3's of the time that he spent on the court playing professional basketball, and still you want to discredit anything that I or anyone else views as an opinion as how different generations of athletes compare. :rolleyes: You are way out of your league here sonnyboy.

I will say that I personally think that Jordan is the best to ever play the game, but that certainly does not mean that his entire generation or this current generation is on an entirely different plateau than any of their predecessors. Most of them are very far from it.

I am still waiting for you to post your resume with cold hard facts as to how you are able to back up your claims as being a qualified, studied, self-procaimed expert. You talk and you talk and you talk about it, but you are yet to show any evidence.

I understand why you are through with me there Stud!!!!!!, but remember it was you that had to throw their obviously uninformed 2 cents into my comments in this thread :laugh:

Have a good day. And study hard!!!! :thumb:

I honestly have no clue what point you have tried to make. I honestly think you like to hear your self talk. But Merry Chrismas. :thumb: