Is it fair?

Personally, I think the venom levied upon private schools is flat-out ridiculous in light of all the movement of players back-and-forth between public schools. Dozens upon dozens of kids move back and forth between public schools in parts of the state where there isn't a private school within 100 miles, yet nobody seems to gripe about this.

Isn't there a whole separate forum for this topic?????

There are states that don't allow the private schools to compete for state titles.

What a travesty that is.

How can you claim to be the best when you don't beat the best?

Isn't there a whole separate forum for this topic?????

There are states that don't allow the private schools to compete for state titles.

What a travesty that is.

How can you claim to be the best when you don't beat the best?

If you are the best you can't beat yourself. And, if you manage to beat yourself, then you probably are not the best. :confused:

Bottom line is this, If private schools were not allowed to compete in the playoffs there would be a big drop in enrollment at most of the successful private schools.

Why? Your asumption, I believe, is that the only reason many students attend the successful private schools is for athletics. They would logically argue, and I would agree, that students are getting way more than an outstanding athletic experience at a private school.

Bottom line is this, If private schools were not allowed to compete in the playoffs there would be a big drop in enrollment at most of the successful private schools.

Not at NewCath. The majority go there for the Catholic education and to represent the Blue & Gold. They'd do that even w/out hopes of a state trophy.

Life is not fair.

What a novel concept. Where was everyone when Mike Yeagle was leading Beechwood to state championships and dominating our district? It's adults that cry about this kind of stuff., not the kids. They think that kids' self-esteem is based on winning trophies. We just realized that we had played great teams. Amazingly, my life has turned out ok.

What a novel concept. Where was everyone when Mike Yeagle was leading Beechwood to state championships and dominating our district? It's adults that cry about this kind of stuff., not the kids. They think that kids' self-esteem is based on winning trophies. We just realized that we had played great teams. Amazingly, my life has turned out ok.

Well stated Mex; well stated.:thumb: Life can work out just fine regardless of whether you played on a high school state championship team or not.

I'm coming to the conclusion that high school teams need to be coached and refereed by high school students and the only fans permitted to attend are high school students. We'd lose some great adult coaches, refs and fans, but probably would still come out way ahead.