Private School Sweep

BigStud

1) Obviously, it matters more in football or baseball and basketball would be classified as well.

Numbers make a difference, don't kid yourself.

Then we should have many more b-ball titles gosh dang it :irked: :irked:

Can we change the system so it works in our favor for basketball?

We feel it is very unfair :rolleyes: ...

I know let's start "Prop B-ball" for T/X B-ball :D :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the chances of finding better athletes from those 200 versus those 30?

With NCC up 28-0, looks like a 3-1 Private Champs.

Chances are you will find better athletes from the 200 versus the 30 but how on earth would anyone ever prove it. What's it to say that all 200 of those players would be just lousy athletes and the 30 be the greatest athletes ever? There is just no way to prove any of this. You could bring a 1,000 kids to your football camp and not have one player that could play a lick of football, so it's all chance. It's also all work! You take 30 kids who will play with their heart and work their butts off then there isn't any limit to what they can accomplish. It's just that I can't believe that these 3 schools won state championships becaues they are private schools. Hey, Boyle County won 5 in a row and was runner up the 6th year and trust me when I say this, our boys aren't private stock but they are good stock. They worked their butts off to get those 5 in a row and to have the chance to be runner up! Just as I feel sure these 3 teams worked their butts off to get to Louisville and to bring home the big prize.

Probably the same reason that the University of Kentucky fields its sorry teams in football every year. The administration has more of a focus on winning in basketball so the football program tends to slide off to the side. I dont know why Trinity of X doesnt field a good basketball team but i think of Louisville as a football town, maybe it is or maybe it isnt, but look at Lexington Catholic, they were in the Final Four of the Sweet Sixteen almost year in and year out. But as many people have said it only really takes one good player surrounded by four solid players and in Kentucky you have the chance at doing great things with that. Numbers are huge in football and you know that as well as i do so dont try to deny it. There is no limit on how many football players you can have on a roster or if their is let me know. But Basketball on the other hand has a limit of 15 for everyone which levels out the playing field.

The key number statistically is not the 15 that you dress, but the number who tried out for the team from whom you selected the 15. Would you not agree that the probability of finding the better 15 from a population of 1400 is greater than 800, or do you deny this statistical law? I would have no problem limiting the football dress squad size to a max. number (other than the fact that I would be denying playing time to deserving young men), but how will this help you if numbers are the big factor in sports success. I will still have more opportunities for success because I will have the lager population from which to choose. When you consider the logic, I should also be dominating baseball and basketball, not just football. Your argument is full of holes. By the way, St. X. (I can't speak for the pebbles) focuses on all sports, not just football. We have 4 basketball titles and 5 baseball titles, but haven't won since 1962 and 1981, respectively. The only logical conclusion that can be drawn is that there are other outside factors more important than numbers for success in any sport. :cool:

Could this scenario happen..........

Prop 20 is enacted, all private schools decide to leave KHSAA and form thier own association with thier own rules and regulations.

New "Private Leauge" schools are allowed to bring in students from outside their traditional area, or out of state, like Oak Hill (Outside the diocsece if a Catholic School. Don't think a kid can attned school at say, Lexington Catholic, unless they live in the defined boundaries of the Catholic Diocesce of Lexington)

Public schools feel they are loosing even more players to Private schools who now have become more nationally recognized, thus helping increase the exposure of Kentucky High School Sports. More schools go non pubic to join private leauge.

Really a stretch, but man has been on the moon......or is it still a conspiracy

Allplay you know its not about how many kids play its about where those kids should be playing and where they really are playing. Private schools woo kids to play who can play soo they can win (Joe public aint there for his gpa). That raises school spirit (school exposure), school enrollment(money coming into the school), school involvement by current students and alumni (contributions)which in turn makes recruiting easier if not almost on cruise control. :banana:

The kids at NCC go there because thats where their parents chose to send them . Where else do you think they belong.

Could this scenario happen..........

Prop 20 is enacted, all private schools decide to leave KHSAA and form thier own association with thier own rules and regulations.

New "Private Leauge" schools are allowed to bring in students from outside their traditional area, or out of state, like Oak Hill (Outside the diocsece if a Catholic School. Don't think a kid can attned school at say, Lexington Catholic, unless they live in the defined boundaries of the Catholic Diocesce of Lexington)

Public schools feel they are loosing even more players to Private schools who now have become more nationally recognized, thus helping increase the exposure of Kentucky High School Sports. More schools go non pubic to join private leauge.

Really a stretch, but man has been on the moon......or is it still a conspiracy

Yes....It's called the RPHSAA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why do the . There must be other factors that are the true underlying reasons for our lack of success in basketball and baseball (poor coaching, lack of parental support, lack of tradition, do not work hard, lack of discipline, genetically inferior students, floride levels in the water, etc.)

LCA seems to have figured that one out.