Private School Sweep

BigStud

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that Prop 20 will pass?

So that the issue will continue to be in the face of the public and those in decision making and some answer to the problem will be found. Not that Prop 20 is the best answer. There has to be a better compromise than it. There is an issue there and it needs to be addressed.

:laugh:

I think, as others have mentioned, a private school sweep could be disastrous for the privates. It would just reinforce the disparity perception.

I think a private school sweep could prove to be disastrous for the privates because the disparity is far more then perception but a reality and the privates refuse to even admit that there is even a small problem. But why should they. The system works to their advantage as it is now. No Prop. 20 probably wasn't the answer but 70% of the KHSAA membership did say we have a serious problem. I don't know how others feel but in my opinion thats an overwhelming majority to which the BOC ignored. Something needs to take place and soon.

But it is all due to the size of teh schoola nd allthose boys, but their are privates in every final in the state. Nah, it has nothing to do with work and discipline and coaching. I think BG will win by the way so it will not be a sweep.

Any other Private school followers secretly rooting for a private school sweep this weekend as a in your face pay back for Prop 20?

As much as I poke fun at this...I do not wish for a sweep from the privates..

The whining is bad enough already can only imagine how it would be if all four classes were won by the privates.

I feel the public schools are to blame:

1. John Hardin should have kicked the PAT, or caught the 2 point pass and eliminated St. X.

2. Highlands first messed things up by beating CovCath in the regular season and becoming the hunted instead of the hunter and then lost at home to LexCath where they should have been eliminating LexCath.

3. Bellevue should have never beaten Beechwood and then NCC would have had to beat Lex. Christian on the road and Beechwood on the road, which may have eliminated NCC.

So instead of everyone having a cheese and whine patry over 5 of the 8 schools being private, there would have been 2 of 8 and everyone would have been having a cheese and whine party over Beechwood, Highlands, Trinity, and Mayfield all making the finals again.

Are those of you who are advocating a separation of the publics from the privates also seeking a separation for all other athletic pursuits in which certain groups seem to excel over other groups? Wouldn't that be a reasonable extension of your "if you can't win, don't let them play" philosophy?