Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UConn 56 UK 55

Featured Replies

Did ya see the "Where is Duke sign?" in the Butler student section? Gotta hand it to them that was pretty good.

 

I did, it was on the jumbotron, very wise signage. Butler fans are awesome.

  • Replies 185
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed, their play was subpar, but at the same time, it was their play that got us here. I just wish it hadn't ended like this for Harrelson, I think I'm more sade for him than I am that UK lost.

 

Jorts was fun to watch....it makes me tend to believe that I'll take effort and heart, over skill, more often than not.

The third year is the charm! UK reloads next year and will be even better great season but next year will be even better!

And as such I deem #2 in the East to be #2 in the SEC. Check. Mate... :D
Kentucky did lose to Alabama, though ...
Jorts was fun to watch....it makes me tend to believe that I'll take effort and heart, over skill, more often than not.

 

Butler/VCU to an extent, granted they have talent, but I think all would agree that they busted their tails to develope it.

The third year is the charm! UK reloads next year and will be even better great season but next year will be even better!

 

As a fan I agree, but I just really wanted it for this team. Seemed like they really came together down the stretch, a great run.

As a fan I agree, but I just really wanted it for this team. Seemed like they really came together down the stretch, a great run.

 

As a UK hater, this is what I left the arena thinking. You hated to see these Cats lose due to their pure effort. They were coached so well this season, and efforted themselves to some great wins.

As a UK hater, this is what I left the arena thinking. You hated to see these Cats lose due to their pure effort. They were coached so well this season, and efforted themselves to some great wins.

 

How many cocktails did you have RockPride?? :lol:

Been back to Friendswood, TX (we're staying at a friend of myt dad's house) for almost two hours now.....got some cocktails in, and now am ready to talk about the game. Well, that was impressive. I don't remember a UK team fighting like that. Not since, probably 1998, they battled their brains out. The crowd was split like this IMO (UK 60%, VCU 25%, Butler 10%, UConn 5%).....UConn students had better have a good excuse why they only filled half of the student section. Ashley Judd looked phenominal. Also, I want to say, IMO, this was the best coaching job that Calipari has ever done. I said all week, Liggins needed to be on Lamb. Walker only had 18, but had 6-7 assists, and led to other open looks, like the missed three that was flushed. So, UConn plays Butler Monday, in what is sure to be the moset awesome 52-50 game in history. Amazing that a "Cinderella", will have home court advantage in the Finals two years in a row.

 

I was going to post the same thing about UConn's fans. I guess the majority are with the Women's team? 5% is being generous.

UK got 14pts and 7 boards from Miller/Liggins/Jorts. This team just isnt capable of winning big games when thats all they get from the upper classmen.

 

Once the NCAA tournament started, we got less of the Miller we had seen in the final weeks of the regular season.

Once the NCAA tournament started, we got less of the Miller we had seen in the final weeks of the regular season.

 

I bragged on him too soon. He's still gettting there, another year should do him well.

Did ya see the "Where is Duke sign?" in the Butler student section? Gotta hand it to them that was pretty good.
:lol::thumb:

U Conn was the matchup that UK couldn't overcome. They were too tough in the paint. UK couldn't get to the rim. I can't remember another game all year where the Cats had so many mid range jumpers altered or deflected. I can't remember any assists in the paint. U Conn's defense and in particular their defense in the paint was what won the game for U Conn. Harrelson wasn't able to get those put back baskets that he has been getting all tournament and UK missed those points. U Conn just had too much inside for UK. UK's defense was great. I don't see how anyone can question having Liggins on Kemba after the way UK played defense. Their defense was good enough to win the game.

 

On the offensive side for UK, I think it was Steve Kerr who said at halftime that UK played immature. That comment was spot on. When you face a team playing D the way U Conn does, you have to be more patient, make the extra pass and work a little harder to get that good look. UK took way too many bad shots and that is why their shooting percentage was so low. It seemed like everyone tried to do too much, tried to force the action instead of letting the game work it's way to them. There should have be more inside out play or more Jones inside to loosen things up more at the 3 point line. Our best player at getting in the middle is Miller but he was made ineffective by U Conn's size and defense in the middle. That is just a bad matchup in this game for UK. Miller tried to work to his mid range one hander but he just couldn't shoot it over U Conn's defense. I hated seeing Liggins take that last shot and agree with the poster above about having Miller on the floor. But Liggins has hit so many big shots in the tourney and Miller has shown reluctance in the past to take the big shot, so I can see why Cal had Liggins out there. It was a decent look but it just didn't go down.

 

Great season. One of the very few seasons when the Wildcats exceeded their fans expectations.

Kinda reminded me of 1984 with the poor shooting. If you can't make shots, you can't win. 33% from the field and from the line. I sure wish Lamb would have played more minutes in the 1st half. Knight just didn't seem to know when to quit shooting and be a distributor. He kinda shot em out of it. Great year anyway. Way better than I ever thought especially after the Arkansas game. Re-load.

Great season. One of the very few seasons when the Wildcats exceeded their fans expectations.

 

THAT'S amazing!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.