Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UConn 56 UK 55

Featured Replies

  • Replies 185
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does he mean by NIT NIT NIT? Great come back by the Cats at the start of the 2nd half. Just couldn't get over that hump. UCONN scouted them very well. The shot that would have put them put if they hit a three, no way was Knight going to see anything. Its been fun watching the Cats these last few weeks. I wished they could have pulled it out.

  • Author
I didn't realize UConn was so young. Lamb and ol' Roscoe are two very talented frosh.

 

Any chance Kemba returns?

 

Don't forget Napier who has been as key as anyone on D and allowing to move Kemba off the ball to make the opponent switch focus. He will be an elite BE talent down the road if this run doesn't end up being the finish line for the program...

 

Zero chance.

  • Author
Any conference was better than the west.

 

And as such I deem #2 in the East to be #2 in the SEC. Check. Mate... :D

  • Author
Found your Karma thread from last year GT.... :D

 

And we all shine on.... :banana:

And as such I deem #2 in the East to be #2 in the SEC. Check. Mate... :D

 

I am not going to argue that. I am a huge SEC fan but Big East is much better.

At least I can now root for Butler.

 

90% of the country was going to be rooting for whichever team won the first game tonight.

I root for entertaining basketball to continue. This has been a very entertaining tournament, though not always necessarily well-played.

Well I hate it but what a year. As someone said on another board I love this team unconditionally. Jorts goes down as one of my all-time favorites.

 

How many days till Big Blue Madness?

The basketball has to go through the basket to score, 33.9% from the field, 33.3% free throws.With a close game like this.....UConn 9/11 FT's, U.K. 4/12 FT's in a 1 point game......End of story.

Knight just wasn't right all night, he kept shooting and he should have. U.K. won two ball games in this tournament with Knight hitting a winning shot. I am not going to get on him for tonight. UConn did play good, physical defense but the Cats just didn't play well. U.K.'s defense was very good again. U.K. held UConn scoreless for something like 3-4 minutes going with the zone, they came out of a time out man/man and UConn goes on a run :idunno:. Jones played well imo, had 15 boards. Harrellson had an off night but this U.K. team plays better with Jorts in the game, no question in my mind. Lamb also stepped up and hit some big 3's. Liggins imo did a good job on Walker, he got 18 I believe but thats not bad holding a star that lit you up for around 30 early in the year. This one hurt, I don't believe in moral victories. U.K. got beat, UConn made the plays and most of all hit their shots and hit their free throws and U.K. didn't.

 

I have had fun watching this team develop into a very good basketball this season. Who would have given this team a "snowballs" chance on making this run after the loss at Arkansas?

I feel the most for Josh Harellson, should a team get all players with his work ethic, heart and desire you would never lose. #55 will always be remembered in Big Blue Nation.

 

When is Big Blue Madness? and GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!

If you told me before the game UK would hold them to 56 points Id have bet every dollar I could get my hands on for UK to win.

Great, great season for UK. Jorts goes down in history as the greatest reclamation project in program history and the stage is set for next year with Davis, Gilchrist, Teague and Wiltjer added to the mix.

 

:thumb::thumb:

I hope tonight shows him that he needs another year. He's not ready for the prime time...yet.

 

Heard an interesting sidenote from Nantz on the game tonight. He said that at the end of this semester Knight will academically be a junior since he too so many college classes at Pinecrest in high school. Could he possibly have a desire to get that degree before he moves on to the NBA? He could probably do it in 1 year with some summer classes.

Congratulations to both teams on good seasons and making the runs that they have in the tournament.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.