Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UConn 56 UK 55

Featured Replies

90% of the country was going to be rooting for whichever team won the first game tonight.

 

Probably true.

  • Replies 185
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you told me before the game UK would hold them to 56 points Id have bet every dollar I could get my hands on for UK to win.

 

And Kemba only had 18.

  • Author
Heard an interesting sidenote from Nantz on the game tonight. He said that at the end of this semester Knight will academically be a junior since he too so many college classes at Pinecrest in high school. Could he possibly have a desire to get that degree before he moves on to the NBA? He could probably do it in 1 year with some summer classes.

 

He should easily be able to graduate by the end of next year if he so desires...

Team just got back to the hotel about 15 minutes ago. What a ride this season.

Heard an interesting sidenote from Nantz on the game tonight. He said that at the end of this semester Knight will academically be a junior since he too so many college classes at Pinecrest in high school. Could he possibly have a desire to get that degree before he moves on to the NBA? He could probably do it in 1 year with some summer classes.

 

That and I don't think he is ready will be the reasons that he comes back.

Great year! I loved watching this years team play, even during the regular season during that tough road stretch. I really thought we would win it all this year, especially after how the tournament had gone so far. Just really hurt theirselves tonight on somethings, and can't do that against a great team like UCONN. It was a great game, and UCONN was able to pull it off. This loss stings, but when looking back at this season later on, it would be looked at as a great accomplishment.

 

GO CATS!

90% of the country was going to be rooting for whichever team won the first game tonight.

 

I agree but should VCU had won I would have pulled for UConn. I was getting tired of the VCU Rodney Dangerfield act, was alright the first cpople of games but it had gotten old.

I loved the way this UK team scrapped and fought tooth and nail just to get to this point! They proved a lot of us UK fans wrong.

 

I'll give it up to Kemba and UConn. GT, I'm on your side, I thought Liggins should have been on Lamb but hey it is what it is at this point.

 

I thought Miller should have been in the game in the last two possessions. He's a clutch player who makes clutch plays.

 

As bad as UK played tonight, there was still a shot in the air that would have won this game.

He should easily be able to graduate by the end of next year if he so desires...

 

:thumb: I had stated in another thread that he would academically be a junior starting next season. Knights parents and Knight put an emphasis on academics coming into U.K..

I hope Knight come's back, I love the kids desire to get it done. Only thing that really hurst about this game is Harrelson going out the way he did. He just couldn't get in a rhythm.

Been back to Friendswood, TX (we're staying at a friend of myt dad's house) for almost two hours now.....got some cocktails in, and now am ready to talk about the game. Well, that was impressive. I don't remember a UK team fighting like that. Not since, probably 1998, they battled their brains out. The crowd was split like this IMO (UK 60%, VCU 25%, Butler 10%, UConn 5%).....UConn students had better have a good excuse why they only filled half of the student section. Ashley Judd looked phenominal. Also, I want to say, IMO, this was the best coaching job that Calipari has ever done. I said all week, Liggins needed to be on Lamb. Walker only had 18, but had 6-7 assists, and led to other open looks, like the missed three that was flushed. So, UConn plays Butler Monday, in what is sure to be the moset awesome 52-50 game in history. Amazing that a "Cinderella", will have home court advantage in the Finals two years in a row.

UK got 14pts and 7 boards from Miller/Liggins/Jorts. This team just isnt capable of winning big games when thats all they get from the upper classmen.

UK got 14pts and 7 boards from Miller/Liggins/Jorts. This team just isnt capable of winning big games when thats all they get from the upper classmen.

 

:thumb:

 

It was a tough night for them three.

 

Jorts missed some early. Liggins was a little careless IMO and Miller couldn't hit from outside.

 

Although I will say this, I wish Miller would have been taking the shot that Liggins took. But ooh well. I'm still very, VERY proud of this team!

Been back to Friendswood, TX (we're staying at a friend of myt dad's house) for almost two hours now.....got some cocktails in, and now am ready to talk about the game. Well, that was impressive. I don't remember a UK team fighting like that. Not since, probably 1998, they battled their brains out. The crowd was split like this IMO (UK 60%, VCU 25%, Butler 10%, UConn 5%).....UConn students had better have a good excuse why they only filled half of the student section. Ashley Judd looked phenominal. Also, I want to say, IMO, this was the best coaching job that Calipari has ever done. I said all week, Liggins needed to be on Lamb. Walker only had 18, but had 6-7 assists, and led to other open looks, like the missed three that was flushed. So, UConn plays Butler Monday, in what is sure to be the moset awesome 52-50 game in history. Amazing that a "Cinderella", will have home court advantage in the Finals two years in a row.

 

Did ya see the "Where is Duke sign?" in the Butler student section? Gotta hand it to them that was pretty good.

UK got 14pts and 7 boards from Miller/Liggins/Jorts. This team just isnt capable of winning big games when thats all they get from the upper classmen.

 

:thumb:

 

It was a tough night for them three.

 

Jorts missed some early. Liggins was a little careless IMO and Miller couldn't hit from outside.

 

Although I will say this, I wish Miller would have been taking the shot that Liggins took. But ooh well. I'm still very, VERY proud of this team!

 

Agreed, their play was subpar, but at the same time, it was their play that got us here. I just wish it hadn't ended like this for Harrelson, I think I'm more sade for him than I am that UK lost.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.