April 3, 201115 yr Jones had 11 on 5/8 shooting and 15 boards. Great effort by the youngster. FT shooting? Ehhh.
April 3, 201115 yr Author Marquette, ND, WVU, UConn!!! 4 years in a row the Big East ends uk's season!!! And the Big East stinks... :lol:
April 3, 201115 yr Hey, great season. I think the better team won, though UK obviously could have brought it home. The late dry spell was a killer. UConn coming up with those blocks seemed big to me as it cemented this jumpshot from the outside mentality for UK that helped extend the drought. At it's core in the tournament, this seemed like the old Pitino "Live by the three, die by the three" teams. Shoot 50% or better, awesome. Go 10/25, not bad, but not enough. The free throws were a big deal as well. Can't shoot those that poorly in a game like this. If I was making the argument against the Big East detractors, I think I'd focus more on the fact that UConn still has not lost to a non-Big East team. Impressive team.
April 3, 201115 yr Third world nations around the planet rejoice as the "UK 2011 NCAA Champion" T-shirts already printed up will now be available to them!
April 3, 201115 yr Author Nothing to do with that.... Where did UConn finish in the Big East? Where did UK finish in the SEC? How would you change the facts? Enlighten me...
April 3, 201115 yr Right beyond question. But sure... :thumb: UCONN 9th in the Big East UK 3rd in the SEC:sssh:
April 3, 201115 yr Great turnaround for the Cats. A month and a half ago I wouldn't have given a plug nickel for their FF chances. Gotta make free throws. They're called free for a reason.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.