Dolphins Interested In Palmer

general manager Jeff Ireland and coach Tony Sparano, scouts and anyone else with a voice within the organization, must know which veterans could be available when the lockout ends. And Palmer is atop that list of possibilities for Miami.

The others on the list of possible available QBs – Kevin Kolb, Vince Young, Donovan McNabb, Kyle Orton, Alex Smith – also have to be considered. But none of them rate higher than Palmer. All the others have been identified by the Dolphins as a group of has-beens, or a could-bes, or a never-weres.

He’s unquestionably better than Chad Henne. He’s not Tom Brady, but he’s head-and-shoulders above the other quarterbacks who might become available. He’s not a Pro Bowl player but he would be the second-best quarterback in the AFC East. He’s not Peyton Manning, but if he’s put in the right situation, he could help make a mediocre team a playoff contender.

The Dolphins, 7-9 the past two seasons, are indeed mediocre. And they understand time is no longer an ally because fans and ownership want a contender in 2011.

So Palmer is the player folks in the Dolphins organization would love in a Dolphins jersey.

None of this is my opinion. It’s the opinion of folks within the Miami organization who have done the work. This comes from folks who have watched the films or crunched the numbers or done the evaluations or talked to the men who did.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2011/03/dolphins-palmer-best-of-possibily-available-qbs.html#ixzz1HL48IL9n

Can't see Mike Brown trading him. Looks like it's either retire or be a Bengal. No way this guy retires.

Yep, Mike Brown's ego is getting in the way of a good football decision. There are clearly teams willing to give a 1st rounder and possibly more for Kolb and there are clearly people and teams that think Palmer is better. So is Brown shooting for at least a 1st round pick for a QB who clearly is in decline from his 05 level? Nope. He's going to sit on him and force him to come back or retire even though the head coach is on the record saying Palmer would retire before playing here. I'm glad I've never paid for season tickets.

Yep, Mike Brown's ego is getting in the way of a good football decision. There are clearly teams willing to give a 1st rounder and possibly more for Kolb and there are clearly people and teams that think Palmer is better. So is Brown shooting for at least a 1st round pick for a QB who clearly is in decline from his 05 level? Nope. He's going to sit on him and force him to come back or retire even though the head coach is on the record saying Palmer would retire before playing here. I'm glad I've never paid for season tickets.

Brown's towing the hardline now because he can't do anything anyway. He's put the ball back in CP's court for now. When the CBA is worked out, MAYBE Mike will re-evaluate. Maybe not, but right now it's a mute point isn't it?

Brown's towing the hardline now because he can't do anything anyway. He's put the ball back in CP's court for now. When the CBA is worked out, MAYBE Mike will re-evaluate. Maybe not, but right now it's a mute point isn't it?

Bingo! :thumb: He can't do anything anyway. He's not going to say OK yeah we will trade him when nothing can happen anyway.

Then why are there supposed offers for Kolb being mentioned? The point is what Brown is saying is awful. He's saying others have tried getting out but I wouldn't let them so they had to come back and they were happy. Couldn't Brown say that CP has made it clear he's leaving and as soon as it's possible to trade him we will at least entertain offers?

Then why are there supposed offers for Kolb being mentioned? The point is what Brown is saying is awful. He's saying others have tried getting out but I wouldn't let them so they had to come back and they were happy. Couldn't Brown say that CP has made it clear he's leaving and as soon as it's possible to trade him we will at least entertain offers?

It's possible that Brown's stubbornness will actually help the Bengals here (assuming he eventually gives in). Hopefully teams will give up more talent / picks since Brown has made it clear that he's not looking to trade CP9. I will never understand why teams like Tennessee say that Vince Young will be traded or released.

It's possible that Brown's stubbornness will actually help the Bengals here (assuming he eventually gives in). Hopefully teams will give up more talent / picks since Brown has made it clear that he's not looking to trade CP9. I will never understand why teams like Tennessee say that Vince Young will be traded or released.

Possibky but it's a big assumption. I think Philly's taking the right approach of letting teams know he'll be available if the price is right.

I am the furthest thing from a Brown supporter, but he is playing this one right for the time being. You do not always bow to players demands especially when the player is overvaluing his own stock. Palmer could have helped his case a lot more by actually producing.

I am the furthest thing from a Brown supporter, but he is playing this one right for the time being. You do not always bow to players demands especially when the player is overvaluing his own stock. Palmer could have helped his case a lot more by actually producing.

I would agree with that except Brown is the one overvaluing Palmer's stock IMO. Palmer is clearly not what he once was, but Brown has been quoted as saying he couldn't get what he believes is fair value for him. Most people agree that Palmer isn't elite. Some even think he sucks. Isn't a first rounder pretty good value for a guy that will retire if he's not moved? I have no idea how good Palmer can be if he goes elsewhere but enough people believe he can be good enough that he should be traded. There is no doubt in my mind that he will never go back to being elite and I think Brown thinks that's a possibility.

Who really cares? At this point and time football should be the farthest thing from anybody's mind. I hope they go out on strike and never come back. This whole thing makes me sick at my stomach. Between Brown's stubbornness, Palmer's whining and the lockout let's go watch some baseball.