Madison Central 42 Tates Creek 41

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me shocked... Although I never thought Tates Creek would come out of the region, I never would have predicted Central to beat Tates Creek.

TC had no answer for the triangle and two. Looked lost against it and made no adjustments whatsoever.

The official 5 feet away and behind Covington immediately called it a 3. I thought it was a 2 but when the officials met to discuss (at least they huddled up this year) the one that rules was explaining to the other two officials that his foot was on the college line, not the high school line.

That is the way i saw it. The office closes the play immediately called it a three. The difference in the game in my opinion is that TC never adjusted. I don't think it was MC offense, it the fact that TC does not look to score. They jumped out to a 39-35 lead after a 35-35 tie by pushing the ball up the floor twice. Then they seemed to go into what i would call a survival mode. This is the first time i watched them play, no wonder there games are so low. MC gave number 20 the open 3 all night, and he would not shoot. I know this kid can shoot because i have seen him play in the summer. I know they have won some big games, but every now and then you have to make adjustments. Barksdale scored an early 6 points and then he never got a chance to score, and it was not all MC defense. You have to put someone other than Fucci in position to score sometimes. Tough break for TC i too thought they would win.

Just saw the shot on the news and sadly the official blew it.Half his shoe was over the line. Wasn't even close. I think when the technology is available you have to allow the officials to check and get the call right.

Just saw the shot on the news and sadly the official blew it.Half his shoe was over the line. Wasn't even close. I think when the technology is available you have to allow the officials to check and get the call right.

Unless there is a way to ensure that every high school has the technology in place I don't think you're going to see it before the Sweet 16. Think about how many camera angles college officials have when ESPN is doing the game and sometimes it's still a question. I just don't see it coming to high school for quite a while.

While I am a little surprised it actually happened, have been saying for some time that Central was getting better and could upset the order of things in the 11th. They are a well coached young team that will contend bigtime in the 11th next year and apparantly this year now.

Unless there is a way to ensure that every high school has the technology in place I don't think you're going to see it before the Sweet 16. Think about how many camera angles college officials have when ESPN is doing the game and sometimes it's still a question. I just don't see it coming to high school for quite a while.

Not for every high school but should have it for Regional tournaments.

Not for every high school but should have it for Regional tournaments.

Technology is not there at the high school level and to get the number of cameras to properly cover the angles necessary would be cost prohibitive. Would need monitors at scorers table, etc.

If you do not have all of the proper angles covered then you just leave yourself open for same type of debates.

We put too much emphasis on one play or one call. Im sure there were other missed calls during the game, this just happened to be at the end. Every missed lay-up, missed FT, turnover, etc....cost you when you lose by one. One call, good or bad, doesn't decide the game.

We put too much emphasis on one play or one call. Im sure there were other missed calls during the game, this just happened to be at the end. Every missed lay-up, missed FT, turnover, etc....cost you when you lose by one. One call, good or bad, doesn't decide the game.

That is where you are dead wrong IMO. Games DO come down to one play, one call, etc. All of the other stuff washes out during the course of a game but anyone who believes that things that happen in the last minute of so of a game do not decide that game are from another planet.