NKU making jump to Division I?

BigDP

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubtful. You can't just move up to Division I in basketball only ... the other sports have to follow.

I did not know this. It seems that Villanova, for instance, played lower division football while playing top division basketball. But again, I'm not sure.

I believe that Bellarmine already plays D1 in lacrosse but I could be wrong. I don't know how many other NCAA sports the Knights participate in.

I did not know this. It seems that Villanova, for instance, played lower division football while playing top division basketball. But again, I'm not sure.

I believe that Bellarmine already plays D1 in lacrosse but I could be wrong. I don't know how many other NCAA sports the Knights participate in.

Villanova still plays Division 1 football.

Division 1 or FCS? I remember them being classified as I-AA (like OVC schools) in the not too distant past. A couple of kids from Trinity played there.

It's still Division 1. Just a lower classification. Big difference between FBS (1-A) and FCS (1-AA). Also a big difference between 1AA and D2.

NKU soccer and basketball arenas would most likely be the best in the conference in their respective sports. Bank of Kentucky Center is about as nice an arena as you'll find.

I agree, I went to it when they just opened it against Louisville and for a concert not too long after. The Bank of Kentucky Center and the soccer stadium is very nice.