Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU making jump to Division I?

Featured Replies

I heard this rumor (again) this past weekend.

 

I was told there was to be an announcement this week (or next) about NKU jumping to Division I and playing in the OVC.

 

Any truth?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine this is true.

What challanges would do you see that would face NKU if they were? Do you or not think it would be a good thing?

 

I can't imagine this is true.

I've been wondering about this myself since the OVC took in SIU-Edwardsville as its 11th member. There is no reason to go from 10 to 11 teams unless you know there is a 12th school planning on coming into the league.

What challanges would do you see that would face NKU if they were? Do you or not think it would be a good thing?

 

$$$. Facilities upgrades plus more funding for scholarships.

$$$. Facilities upgrades plus more funding for scholarships.

 

Understand the scholly comment. Don't understand the facilities comment

Understand the scholly comment. Don't understand the facilities comment

 

Agreed.

  • Author

Has the fesaibility results been released to the public?

 

I was with some folks that I would think would be 'in the know' and they said the announcement was coming.

 

I know, it seems, they have been trying for YEARS to go DI, however, I was just surprised that it was going to be announced in the next week or so. I was just wondering if anyone else had heard the same thing.

 

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on their part, but they sure seemed to know what they were talking about. Especially when they threw in the OVC as the conference that had 'already accepted' them.

From my understanding they still need to add another sport or two.

 

The facilities are solid, except for maybe the baseball field (BOK and Soccer Stadium are two of the best facilities you'll find at the D-II level for sure).

From my understanding they still need to add another sport or two.

 

The facilities are solid, except for maybe the baseball field (BOK and Soccer Stadium are two of the best facilities you'll find at the D-II level for sure).

I have never seen the NKU basketball facilities, but I have a hard time believing they are worse than some of the dumps which exist in the OVC.

I've heard in a round about way that Bellarmine might be considering this, too, for basketball.

I have never seen the NKU basketball facilities, but I have a hard time believing they are worse than some of the dumps which exist in the OVC.

 

NKU's basketball facility would probably be the nicest.

 

Baseball might be the worst.

WHEN they do make the jump, soon or down the road, they OVC is the PERFECT FIT! The OVC would want them no matter how many teams they will end up with, 11 or 12. They see the large media market!

I've heard in a round about way that Bellarmine might be considering this, too, for basketball.
Doubtful. You can't just move up to Division I in basketball only ... the other sports have to follow.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.