Ray Allen breaks the NBA 3-pointer record

If Ray plays as long as Reggie did, this record will be so far out of reach... He's the last player I can think of who has shooting ability, but also a well rounded enough game in other aspects to justify the playing time he's getting to reach that mark.

My thoughts exactly. I would take Ray as well.

But how irrelevant are the other teams now. The gap in talent between the powerhouse teams and the average teams is getting a bit ridiculous.

West - Lakers, Spurs, Oklahoma City, Mavs

East - Celtics, Heat, Chicago, Orlando, and maybe I'll throw in Atlanta.

Who else has even a chance to compete? I think I'm being generous by even putting down Chicago, Orlando, and Atlanta, because frankly I don't think any of them have much of a shot at an Easten Conference trophy.

I agree, but for me there is usually a game or 2 a night that are must see on the League Pass, especially now that more former UK players are in the league.

Who do you guys think is the better NBA player: Reggie or Ray?

Give me Reggie. Ray is probably the better shooter, but Reggie put the Pacers in the Finals basically by himself, and may have won a championship had Jordan and the Bulls not have controlled the 90s. Reggie was one of the most clutch players in league history. Without Ray Allen coming to the Celtics I don't even think this would be a question.

Give me Reggie. Ray is probably the better shooter, but Reggie put the Pacers in the Finals basically by himself, and may have won a championship had Jordan and the Bulls not have controlled the 90s. Reggie was one of the most clutch players in league history. Without Ray Allen coming to the Celtics I don't even think this would be a question.

I agree that Allen's support of players in Boston has contributed to his success, but I don't think that him coming to the Celtics is the only reason to consider it. He would have definitely been a standout player regardless of where he played. I do agree with your point about Reggie and the Pacers during the 90s though. If it weren't for the Bulls being as dominant as they were during that time, the Pacers could have gotten at least one title then.

I agree that Allen's support of players in Boston has contributed to his success, but I don't think that him coming to the Celtics is the only reason to consider it. He would have definitely been a standout player regardless of where he played. I do agree with your point about Reggie and the Pacers during the 90s though. If it weren't for the Bulls being as dominant as they were during that time, the Pacers could have gotten at least one title then.

Garnett is a top 3 or 4 post player of this era (with Shaq, Duncan, DHoward) and Pierce is a HOF'er at about 23 ppg for his career and Rondo has become a stud young PG.

Put Miller, Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler and a young Steve Nash or Jason Kidd on the same team and watch what they do in the mid to late 90s.

Numbers wise they're close to each other, but I think Reggie was more of a lead guy and Allen has been better as a 2nd or 3rd option. Maybe I'm biased, but I think Reggie's individual playoff performances make him clearly the better of the two. Miller played with Rik Smits, the Davis boys, eventually Mark Jackson and in the twighlight Jalen Rose and Jermaine O'Neal and that doesn't compare to what Allen has had the last 4 years IMO. I'll stick by my statement that if Allen were still playing in obscurity, we wouldn't be having this conversation. JMO though.

Numbers wise they're close to each other, but I think Reggie was more of a lead guy and Allen has been better as a 2nd or 3rd option.

I agree that it has helped Ray Allen get his ring, but I believe his career numbers have slipped quite a bit going to Boston. He has only been a 2nd or 3rd option since playing for the Celtics. Before that I'm pretty sure he was always the #1 option on horrible teams.