Bratkowski Fired!

There is no doubt this was the only move they could make to keep Palmer playing and have a chance to keep Benson. They need to go outside. Chow just signed with Utah as OC and they will be in the PAC 10. I think he will stay. He's had great success in college, just avg. as pro. Bates is the interesting name to consider. He was too tough minded for Carroll in Seattle. If there is anything the Bengals need it is a tough minded coach on offense, like Zimmer is on Def. But this is MIKE BROWN, you just cannot predict.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was under Bratkowski that Palmer was well on his way to being an elite QB before hurting his knee.

Chow's gimmick doesn't translate well to the NFL IMO.

I still don't buy into the whole knee thing. What year would the knee injury have hurt him the most, and really affected him? It would have been the very next season which was 2006, and he ended up putting up GREAT numbers in 2006 again, and was a pro bowler. Not to mention put them in position to make the playoffs twice, if not for special teams. 2007 great numbers, but that is when offense started going down some. I could buy it if people say Palmer has not been the same since the elbow injury though.

Your right that Brat was there during those top years 2005 and 2006. Which what was a HUGE part of our offense that year, NO HUDDLE. So he was not calling plays during that, and we have slowly went away from that and we have also then went down as an offense. His offense is predictable, and in the NFL you have to keep changing and it seemed like he kept trying to use things that worked in the past.

Sure seems like Chad also agrees that these changes has a lot to do with Palmer asking for a trade. :D

I still don't buy into the whole knee thing. What year would the knee injury have hurt him the most, and really affected him? It would have been the very next season which was 2006, and he ended up putting up GREAT numbers in 2006 again, and was a pro bowler. Not to mention put them in position to make the playoffs twice, if not for special teams. 2007 great numbers, but that is when offense started going down some. I could buy it if people say Palmer has not been the same since the elbow injury though.

Your right that Brat was there during those top years 2005 and 2006. Which what was a HUGE part of our offense that year, NO HUDDLE. So he was not calling plays during that, and we have slowly went away from that and we have also then went down as an offense. His offense is predictable, and in the NFL you have to keep changing and it seemed like he kept trying to use things that worked in the past.

Sure seems like Chad also agrees that these changes has a lot to do with Palmer asking for a trade. :D

Chad also thinks he's making the HoF, so it's a pretty safe bet that the opposite of what he thinks is the reality. :D

Chad also thinks he's making the HoF, so it's a pretty safe bet that the opposite of what he thinks is the reality. :D

If Chad can play 3 or 4 more years productively, his stats will be similar to Tim Brown and Chris Carter, who are both HOF finalists this year. So it isn't totally out of the question.

If Chad can play 3 or 4 more years productively, his stats will be similar to Tim Brown and Chris Carter, who are both HOF finalists this year. So it isn't totally out of the question.

Different era. Your most conservative NFL teams are the equivalent of those which would "air it out" 15-20+ years ago. Not to mention better durability of today's players and longer schedules. I believe there will be a shift in all of HOF voting to grading more for intangible qualities like wins, clutchness, championships, transcendent within a generation, etc. Chad is none of those, imo.